Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering applying to Oxford next year and I was wondering about how the weather is. I checked the monthly averages online and it seems to me like it's somewhat cold throughout the year. Is it necessary to wear a sweatshirt if you're walking outside a lot or do people wear shorts and stuff during the spring and summer?

Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Where do you come from?

ReputationRep:
    At the moment its been very lovely weather; t-shirts everywhere! This is the second week of good weather we've had, although this is summer term. The 2 other terms are indeed very cold, and warm coats are a must!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Where do you come from?
    Southern part of the U.S. It gets incredibly hot for most of the spring and summer (around 90 F/33 C) So Oxford weather sounds amazing right now!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by gz123)
    Southern part of the U.S. It gets incredibly hot for most of the spring and summer (around 90 F/33 C) So Oxford weather sounds amazing right now!
    Ah right. I was there last summer and it is quite different yes! Much cooler summers, warmer winters (i gather). People very much do get out in shorts etc on the hot summer days (>20C). Its just that that may be interrupted with cooler days and someone like yourself who is used to a warmer climate may feel the need for an extra layer! Also we probably get a lot more rain in the summer than you're used to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.