Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I have 2 questions.

I took my Religious Studies exam today, first one out of 2, and I think I did okay. I am doing short course so I do 4 questions which has 5 parts to a question, therefore I answer 20 questions.

I think I did okay, I think I got two 14's out of 18 and one 15 and one 16. However, there was 4 marks per question for Spelling punctuation and grammar, which should pump my marks up a bit. Therefore it is out of 88. Does anyone know what grade I could come out with?

Also, I took my french exam too. I am definitely worried about this. I have already gained 2 A*s in my speaking and writing. I took the reading and listening exam today. I think I got 28 or 29 out of 40 for the reading and 22 or 23 for the listening. Does anyone know what the UMS conversions are? and If so, what grade I could come out with in French.

30% of the grade is Writing
    30% of the grade is Speaking
    20% of the grade is Reading
    20% of the grade is Listening

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell you exactly what grades you will come out with but the best thing is not to worry about it now. The best thing is to do your best on the day of the exam then forget about it until results day. After all, you can't change your grade now!

And it sounds like you have done quite well already so just relax!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacaulayMorton)
    Okay, so I have 2 questions.

Does anyone know what the UMS conversions are?
    The raw to UMS conversions are not decided until after the papers have been marked so no one knows. Stop worrying..

ReputationRep:
    I did my GCSE RS exam today,I think It went well apart and I got my A*,apart from two problems on one of the sections I put in a cross in the box saying I would answer question 6 by mistake and I then answered question 5 as I intended to do in the first place, will they just mark me for question 5?,also in the final section I didn't cross any box and answered question 8 not 7,will they just look at it and work out which one I answered?

ReputationRep:
    Wow I did the exact same exams today, by any chance was your French board AQA because the listening was shockingly hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no my exam board is Edexcel and the listening was shockingly hard too!

ReputationRep:
    the re exam is out of 84, not 88. (80 + 4 spag)

ReputationRep:
    To get a rough idea you could look at previous years grade bounadaries?

So i looked at the edexcel for last year and here were the grades for A*

French 1-29

French 3-32
    So i dont know which paper is which but thats what the A* mark is

To get a C last year you neeced above 20

So the grade bounadaries can change a lot but thats a rough estimate of what they usually are (Looked at more years and around the 29-28 mark sometimes)

No idea if this will help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Burchall)
    I did my GCSE RS exam today,I think It went well apart and I got my A*,apart from two problems on one of the sections I put in a cross in the box saying I would answer question 6 by mistake and I then answered question 5 as I intended to do in the first place, will they just mark me for question 5?,also in the final section I didn't cross any box and answered question 8 not 7,will they just look at it and work out which one I answered?
    I would check with your teacher asap. I hope that they would mark you on Question 5, but I can't be sure. I am not sure whether the questions are scanned in as well. If they are, then hopefully the examiner will notice. I wish you every success in finding the answer

ReputationRep:
    i did the exam last year and came out with an A. Honestly i thought i would fail, as i hardly revised for it. Point being don't worry too much about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomeSauce17)
    i did the exam last year and came out with an A. Honestly i thought i would fail, as i hardly revised for it. Point being don't worry too much about it.
    which exam: the RS one or the french one?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.