Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

my friend has firmed leeds for economics and asked me to find out from tsr what the sikh/Indian population is like in leeds? Are there many Gurdwaras and how far from campus? Also are they accepting of Sikhs that cut their hair etc?

(she's not being racist btw she just is concerned about 'losing faith' at uni)

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    University is a place where you definitely find your kind. She's already firmed Leeds and will probably go if she gets her grades whether or not there are lots of sikhs or none. All in all, the answer is, if she wants to 'keep' her faith, she can. I doubt tsr carries a tabulated number of sikhs and in leeds to be precise. She should be positive to find her kind, which she will

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is a very diverse city. There is a huge Asian population in most parts of West Yorkshire. Nothing to worry about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi

There's a really active Sikh Society at Leeds: http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org....es/faith/sikh/

I'd also recommend that your friend visit their facebook page, I'm sure there are lots of students who will be able to offer advice : https://www.facebook.com/groups/2217965732/?fref=ts

Hope that helps

Amanda

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.