FP1 9:00 - 10:30
    FP2 13:00 - 14:30

Sat 25 May 2013

FP3 10:00 - 11:00
    Qualifying 13:00

Sun 26 May 2013

Race 13:00

UK times.

I thought I'd start this thread early, last thread I made was Brazil 2012.

Who's looking forward to this race?

ReputationRep:
    Only live on Sky for this race. Can't say I'm fussed. pretty likely to end up being a traffic jam behind mercedes for the first 5-10 laps. And even without them in the way its still dull.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Only live on Sky for this race. Can't say I'm fussed. pretty likely to end up being a traffic jam behind mercedes for the first 5-10 laps. And even without them in the way its still dull.
    I had a 15 quid bet on Rosberg and 15 quid bet on Hamilton. Both were at 7/1 to win the race which is pretty good. One of them could back the pack and the other one would drive into the distance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    I had a 15 quid bet on Rosberg and 15 quid bet on Hamilton. Both were at 7/1 to win the race which is pretty good. One of them could back the pack and the other one would drive into the distance.
    The problem is for one to back up the pack that much given how badly the tyres went off in Spain (and the tyres are a much softer compound in monaco) the one backing up would be driving so slowly they probably could get overtaken. Plus those behind will end up conserving their tyres until they get free air and then chase after the leading mercedes.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dhr90)
    The problem is for one to back up the pack that much given how badly the tyres went off in Spain (and the tyres are a much softer compound in monaco) the one backing up would be driving so slowly they probably could get overtaken. Plus those behind will end up conserving their tyres until they get free air and then chase after the leading mercedes.
    I doubt they would be able to overtake the Mercs, because they have such good mechanical grip out of the corners!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they would be able to overtake the Mercs, because they have such good mechanical grip out of the corners!
    Until their tyres go past the cliff then they are nowhere. Just need the following car to carry the speed through the corner even if they don't have mechanical grip and they could be past. I'm thinking a Ferrari or Lotus win, maybe Red bull, but with Merc dominating quali.

ReputationRep:
    Monaco always reminds me of this video:

:sogood:

ReputationRep:
    signing into the thread

ReputationRep:
    Can't see a Red Bull win here for some reason. I can see a team with long tyre preservation winning this or at least getting on the podium. Can see Rosberg/Hamilton getting pole again, but with their tyres maybe an overtake could be possible on that finish straight if they're really slow. Can see the podium being Raikkonen, Alonso, Grosjean perhaps, in that order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)

Simply amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling that this race is going to be boring...nevertheless I'm looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    Love Monaco so much. Totally unique and ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    One of the Mercedes are extremely likely to get pole, let's just put that out there.

For the first stint, I can see that front row Mercedes holding up everyone up, with the only real passing opportunities being at the pits and the DRS straight. So a realistic finishing position would be from 2nd to 5th for Mercedes if they got pole.

But could Mercedes recover and improve race pace? Maybe, but even still teh Ferraris and Red Bull will be certain to overtake them in the DRS eventually

ReputationRep:
    the most boring race

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)

The cars sounded so much better back then!

ReputationRep:
    Qualifying is the best bit at Monaco.

Brand spanking new tyres, nob all fuel, flat out awesomeness.

ReputationRep:
    why do that? the tyre issue will not be resolved next race, they still have the same batch for a couple more races.

You should have put your money on either alonso or vettel..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YamahaLondon)
    why do that? the tyre issue will not be resolved next race, they still have the same batch for a couple more races.

To be fair, it is Monaco. Not exactly the best overtaking track.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by YamahaLondon)

The only overtaking will be done in the pit stop phases.

Remember though, Monaco rewards car with good mechanical grip and Merc defo have the best mechanical grip. But whether or not the tyre deg will be as bad as Spain, we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    The only overtaking will be done in the pit stop phases.

Remember though, Monaco rewards car with good mechanical grip and Merc defo have the best mechanical grip. But whether or not the tyre deg will be as bad as Spain, we shall see.

Its the cars with high levels of mechanical grip who are suffering though, red bull and merc. This track is not forgiving, the corners vary in speed massively, there are allot of acute corners which will result in driver using a load of kerbs.
    I think the ferrari / lotus will do well.

I personally would have put money down on paul making top 4.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.