Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What grades would you be happy with at the end of your A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    The grades I need for University- AAB... Anything above that then....

ReputationRep:
    AAB

ReputationRep:
    In general it depends too much on the individual's ability and the effort they put in to say, but personally A*AA would be good, and anything more than that would be super.

ReputationRep:
    As Yedida Rina and Damask have said, good grades are those that allow you to get into university and depending on your ability. In general i would say AAB or above is good. For someone who is very able academically, i would say A*A*A or above is good. However, if your offer is CCC and you get CCC or above, then those are good grades considering the circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    A* D D would do me nicely, like it would get me in to my firm, but I would like to turn those d's into c's but its getting to close to exam time now. But who knows! It may happen

ReputationRep:
    AAA. Anything above would be a bonus, and AAB would be pretty good too.
    (before I get negged to hell, this is just what I need for uni...)

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on the person. If you work really hard and get BBB, then you should be pleased with those; for you, they are good grades. On the other hand, if you coast to AAA when you could have got A*A*A or better - are those good grades? In that case it depends on your personal aims. For example, if you only need AAA to get to uni, then those again are good grades for you. If however you feel regret that you didn't do better though you could have, then those aren't such good grades, even though objectively they are better than BBB.

ReputationRep:
    I think its a case of personal achievement - people focus so much on grades, but actually, I think its more of a case of 'I did the best I could' in which case, for some people, just passing the exams is 'good.' although grades are important for uni, as long as you feel you did the best you could then you should be chuffed! I've slaved away at my a levels with numerous retakes - and im aiming for 3 B's.

ReputationRep:
    AAB in general, but it really depends on the persons circumstances and ability

ReputationRep:
    AAB+ is solid I reckon

ReputationRep:
    This is TSR, why has nobody boasted about their somewhat 'low' aims: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person and circumstance really. For me I need AAA for uni but I take four A-Levels so anything below AAAB would be a disappointment, and AAAA or above would be great!

ReputationRep:
    AAA - to meet my offer
    A*A*A* - because I like a challenge

(As others have said this depends on the individual. For example one of my friends is doing Btecs and I know he would be over the moon - so would have good grades - with merits. So good grades depend on the individual and their circumstances more than anything really).

ReputationRep:
    BBB+

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an access level 3 course in Science (Anatomy and physiology, chemistry, biochemistry, psychology, study skills, medical science and some level 2 maths units). So far, I have 4 distinctions, 7 merits and 2 passes. I don't feel like they're good grades, really I feel I could have done better. A girl in my class has got about 15 distinctions and I'm so jealous.

I need 6 more distinctions to meet an offer at KCL

ReputationRep:
    Bs are great, though I'd like As of course!

ReputationRep:
    AAA. I got AAB and it haunts me. I'm going to take another A level after uni just for my own peace of mind.

Damn I hate that B

ReputationRep:
    AAA is considered pretty good

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to be satisfied with a grade unless it's the top grade, because it means I could've done better. That's not to say I got any top grades though... I got BBC, back when A was the highest. So meh, close. It got me in the uni I applied for anyway, so I can't say I have ever thought about what I got since.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.