Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What sorts of books should i read in order to improve my vocabulary i know reading the Dictionary helps as well But what shall I read in order to help me formulate ideas quickly.

What books have your read?
    What is your most favorite book?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I've read quite a bit, HP series, Hunger Games series, books by John Green, The Book Thief, The Hobbit, Gone, The Maze Runner, Divergent, and loads more but those are off the top of my head.

My favourite has to be Paper towns by John Green and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

It really depends what genre you're into, if you're into Young adult and romantic comedy, I recommend John Green, if you're into drama and dystopia, then the Hunger games or The Maze runner.

ReputationRep:
    I don't read books as much as I'd like to, my main reading is from news articles online, but when I went through a phase of reading a lot I read the hunger games series, 1984 and animal farm. I'd definitely recommend all of these books.

The Hunger Games series is easy to read and has a good, interesting storyline.

Animal Farm is amazing and has a strong message, it can also just be read as a novel without looking into the reason why the book was written so it's quite versatile and could be read by lots of ages. My favourite quote comes from that book actually (All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others).

1984 is the hardest read out of all of these and can be difficult to wrap your head around (I had to re-read the first chapter a few times because I kept losing track of what was happening) but once you get into it it's a great book. I wouldn't recommend this one if you have trouble reading though, maybe save it for when you're older.

ReputationRep:
    I have read the Hunger games, its great. If only there was some kind of series like it self which i would enjoy reading.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I love reading and find it a really enjoyable past-time. I couldn't possibly write down all the books i've read but I can tell you my two favorites out of the ones I've read so far. 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee, and '1984' by George Orwell. Love the narrative and presentation of themes in 'To Kill a Mockingbird', while the dystopian world created by Orwell is interesting and compelling.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite book is Gone With The Wind, but I don't know many people who liked, or even read, that.

Sherlock Holmes is actually a really good read, and the Green Mile was also amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.