The Student Room Group

AS Russia in Revolution + Stalin's Russia, 14th May 2013

Hey guys, exam tomorrow!

Basically I just wanted to know if anyone has any last minute revision tips they want to share that are effective at this stage/predictions/useful quotes that can be used for any topic? I personally would love a question about the 1905 revolution or ProvGov to come up for Lenin and the Purges, Terror or Power Struggle for Stalin. I really don't want international relations or foreign policy as I got one of my lowest marks in a practice essay :frown: anyway, any thoughts?

:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone?
Make sure you structure your essay really well, always linking back to the question. Use statistics where possible as specific evidence for points (i like to use the PEEL structure, Point Evidence Explanation Link), at the moment there is little you can do, so just run over the notes lightly, look back at essay plans and go on the edexcel website for examiner reports where they show you essays and how they marked them.
Prediction wise: economy up to 1914, one of the revolutions in 1917 maybe, FYP/collectivisation (could be a question on how far ideological reasons were the cause of the FYP or something like that, art and culture hasn't come up in a while and i doubt something on war will come up as it did in January 2013
there is probably little you can do now!
good luck anyway!
Original post by ellalouiseanne
Make sure you structure your essay really well, always linking back to the question. Use statistics where possible as specific evidence for points (i like to use the PEEL structure, Point Evidence Explanation Link), at the moment there is little you can do, so just run over the notes lightly, look back at essay plans and go on the edexcel website for examiner reports where they show you essays and how they marked them.
Prediction wise: economy up to 1914, one of the revolutions in 1917 maybe, FYP/collectivisation (could be a question on how far ideological reasons were the cause of the FYP or something like that, art and culture hasn't come up in a while and i doubt something on war will come up as it did in January 2013
there is probably little you can do now!
good luck anyway!

how do you think it went?
I did question 6 and 7 which is what i think most people did and i found them ok because they were nice questions, although i came out really annoyed because i had learnt so so much and hardly used any of what i knew! i had learnt loads of stats and dates etc and so felt a bit cheated ahah, but i guess that is the nature of the exam... i maybe feel i should have done question 8 and used all my FYP/ collectivisation stuff etc but i lent towards the other questions because they just looked so nice...how did you find it? I was annoyed there were no revolution questions!
Reply 5
Question 6 was kinda a revolution question, wasn't it? Basically Why the October Revolution happened?
I suppose, i just wanted 1905 to come up haha, did you think it went ok?
Reply 7
Yeah it was alright, nice questions. Hopefully the results will be good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending