Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help!!! I desperately want to change my course!!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have secured a place at the university for the creative arts to study BA hons in broadcast media but would now like to change my course to BA hons in Fashion promotion with the same university. I have A*- C grades in my GCSE'S, 1 AS level grade at a B in IT and a subsidiary diploma in Creative media at a distinction. I also have some work that I could put together as a portfolio to present to them and a lot of passion for the subject. Based on my current situation would it be possible to change to the new course bearing in mind that I don't wan't to lose my place with the university and have to spend another year or two getting the correct qualifications?

It would be awesome if I could get feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks guys.​
    :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannelleL)
    I have secured a place at the university for the creative arts to study BA hons in broadcast media but would now like to change my course to BA hons in Fashion promotion with the same university. I have A*- C grades in my GCSE'S, 1 AS level grade at a B in IT and a subsidiary diploma in Creative media at a distinction. I also have some work that I could put together as a portfolio to present to them and a lot of passion for the subject. Based on my current situation would it be possible to change to the new course bearing in mind that I don't wan't to lose my place with the university and have to spend another year or two getting the correct qualifications?

It would be awesome if I could get feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks guys.​
    :ciao:
    Well do you meet their entry requirements?
    Call the university. They can advise you best.

ReputationRep:
    To join the fashion promotion course I need 240 UCAS points. With my level 3 qualifications I have 250 points. I don't want to call just yet as I feel they may withdraw my place and tell me to go get the correct qualifications. The course leader mentioned it would be better if I started my course and then tried to switch within the first two to three weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    Well do you meet their entry requirements?
    Call the university. They can advise you best.
    To join the fashion promotion course I need 240 UCAS points. With my level 3 qualifications I have 250 points. I don't want to call just yet as I feel they may withdraw my place and tell me to go get the correct qualifications. The course leader mentioned it would be better if I started my course and then tried to switch within the first two to three weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of in the same boat as you, but still I'm not 100% sure what other course I would completely love to do. They most definitely won't retract your place, unless you explicitly say you no longer want to go to that university, they will want you to keep on - that's why they offered you it in the first place! Transfers within the university itself generally (from my reading) are relatively easy, and would be much easier than you releasing yourself from the uni, and then having to try and reapply through Extra.

I know it's going to be a completely long drawn out wait, I most definitely do not want to do the course I firmed any more but I'm thinking of holding out, seeing if I get accepted come August and then discuss it with admissions - who knows, you might even want to change universities as well come that time, in which case Clearing could be an option

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.