Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel like am always the one texting him ( boyfriend ) first, i feel like am the one who has to start the conversation all the time and ask him how he is- he doesn't do it anymore, he told me the other night that he needed to tell me something in person, i asked him if its good or bad, he doens't know - i got a bit concerned and asked him if he wanted us to break up or have a break he said no ... what do you think he wants to tell me :/

ReputationRep:
    Just relax. A relationship should not be revolved around texting or knowing what each person is doing every second. It doesn't matter who texts first either. And do be so negative. There is probably nothing wrong. Some things are better explained in person. Wait till the moment comes and till he tells you before you decide what to feel. Then again, I don't know him like you do but just take a breath.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he doesn't text you that often as he prefers to enjoy your company in person and have something to talk about when you're together. The fact that you don't text all the time doesn't mean your relationship isn't good!
    I have no idea of what he wants to talk to you about but I guess you have nothing to be nervous about if he denied breaking up with you

ReputationRep:
    OMG i have the same issue. Im in a long distance relationship and i am always the first one to whatsapp and he doesnt even bother replying back. But then i dont know, I am ok with it cause if i really want to talk i call him up or ask him to skype. Mostly he is quiet, doesnt have much to say or ask me but then somedays we talk for hours. So you know, ups and downs happen.

ReputationRep:
    thank you everyone

ReputationRep:
    Personally i am a texter, a good morning text, a good night text a text during the day - how you doing kinda thing. But thats just me, maybe hes not a texter or doesnt like feeling like your hounding him.

My ex was like that, always me texting her - now we've split up, i hear more from her in the last week than i have in the last month so go figure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Personally i am a texter, a good morning text, a good night text a text during the day - how you doing kinda thing. But thats just me, maybe hes not a texter or doesnt like feeling like your hounding him.

My ex was like that, always me texting her - now we've split up, i hear more from her in the last week than i have in the last month so go figure
    I'm totally the opposite.

I very, very rarely start a text conversation and will only reply if it's necessary. If I need more than 3 words to respond to a text, I'd rather call.

ReputationRep:
    he has a blackberry so i know that he uses bbm quite a bit - but it takes him ages to reply, and honestly am not patient, so it annoys me a bit

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.