The Student Room Group

WJEC History

Scroll to see replies

Original post by callum_r
my mistake the politics one was 'to what extent was the fall of the liberals the most significant development between 1900-1940'

Yeah :smile:

1)a) why social reforms introduced
b) was WWI greatest influence

2)a) appeasement
b) fear of German biggest influence

3)a) national government formation
b) liberal falls most significant

4)a) women rights?
b) was suffrageettes movements main influence
Reply 21
im sure you did fine!quality over quantity with History, as long as you've got the facts and tied back to the question! i did about 10/11 pages in total but wish i didn't spend so long on the transition part, didn't feel my politics ones were good enough
Hey guys,

i did questions 1 and 2. Foreign and domestic policy in England and Wales basically. I found the questions easy, but the timing quite difficult so i only just finished when they said times up. How did everyone find those questions? I wrote quite a lot, but i think i may have accidentally skipped a couple of pages in the answer booklet because i was in a hurry. Is that okay? Surely they can't penalise me for it right?
Original post by Alwaysannoyed
Hey guys,

i did questions 1 and 2. Foreign and domestic policy in England and Wales basically. I found the questions easy, but the timing quite difficult so i only just finished when they said times up. How did everyone find those questions? I wrote quite a lot, but i think i may have accidentally skipped a couple of pages in the answer booklet because i was in a hurry. Is that okay? Surely they can't penalise me for it right?

They won't penalise :tongue: and they'll find it!

I'm scared because everyone wrote so much...

I.did the same questions as you!

I said for the social reform introduction:
Seebohm Rowntree and his book
Key figures like David Lloyd George and Livingstone?
Boer war
Political competition

And explained those
im sure you did fine!quality over quantity with History, as long as you've got the facts and tied back to the question! i did about 10/11 pages in total but wish i didn't spend so long on the transition part, didn't feel my politics ones were good enough

:eek: I did half the amount :frown: how big is your writing?

I felt.my answers were well timed so I finished both on time...but too muvh to write for 2)b)... Which was a hindrance...
Reply 25
Original post by Alwaysannoyed
Hey guys,

yeah they were really nice questions, i just ran out of time too (so i lost abit of quality on the second questions but idk how they mark it, because still had facts and stuff, just not brilliant detail) I seriously doubt they'll penalise you for it, just a lil mistake!
Reply 26
i think i do about 8 words per line on average, is that big?
My teacher said... People who list loads of reasons don't get high marks.

20 points listed <<< 3 Points explained

You can get 24/24 with just three strong developed points, hence I was hoping quality over quantity :colondollar:

Hope it's the right advice
Reply 28
Do you guys know the grade boundaries, cos apparently its 78 for an A, but i thought that was quite low, and it's out of 200 with the Nazi Germany paper too so im worried how all this works out
Do you guys know the grade boundaries, cos apparently its 78 for an A, but i thought that was quite low, and it's out of 200 with the Nazi Germany paper too so im worried how all this works out

1368544534549.jpg

June 2012 ^
Reply 30
Original post by L'Evil Fish
1368544534549.jpg

June 2012 ^

i wish these made sense to me hahah
i wish these made sense to me hahah

Left hand column are the actual marks in the exam. Right hand is what they converted to last year.

Eg

Say you got 105/120 in the paper yesterday. You'd receive 120/120 UMS points, which is what your grade counts towards.

Or 100/120 ---> 113/120 UMS.
Reply 32
Left hand column are the actual marks in the exam. Right hand is what they converted to last year.

Eg

Say you got 105/120 in the paper yesterday. You'd receive 120/120 UMS points, which is what your grade counts towards.

Or 100/120 ---> 113/120 UMS.

oooh right okay okay.. so what do you think you got?
My teacher said... People who list loads of reasons don't get high marks.

20 points listed <<< 3 Points explained

You can get 24/24 with just three strong developed points, hence I was hoping quality over quantity :colondollar:

Hope it's the right advice

hhjvjh
oooh right okay okay.. so what do you think you got?

Urmmm... I've no idea... From this I needed 85/120 raw marks to get an A overall... So I hope I have that!

But tbh, it can range from 70 - 120! (doubt full marks but possible I suppose if they were nice) so 70 min I think

You?

Original post by sarahjones1
hhjvjh

?
did anyone do the history hy1 tudors. how did you find it
There was so much to write with foreign policy and so I had to cut down a lot...

I only wrote a little bit though :/

Some people I knew finished the booklet! How?!

Also, how are everyone's HY2 results? I sat that last year and did Nazi Germany!

I answered the same as you! What stuff for foreign policy did you mention?

I sat that one as well only managed to get a B, I'm terrible at sources! How did you do? :smile:
Reply 37
ah that's good then! well okay, help me out here haha. i think i got mark wise 21/24 32-33/36 , 16ish/24 and about 25/36. obviously i have no complete idea of how accurate that is until i get the mark but if i was right, what grade would that be?
Original post by _b3th_
I answered the same as you! What stuff for foreign policy did you mention?

I sat that one as well only managed to get a B, I'm terrible at sources! How did you do? :smile:

Appeasement I wrote next to nothing! They were weak and unready for war, France was also weak... Munich agreement

Fear of Germany I only remember naval race... Something else as well, like Britain signing ententes because they were scared..

And then furthering trade/protection of empire/collective security/isolation and appeasement.

I got 67/80 so only just over an A!:biggrin:

ah that's good then! well okay, help me out here haha. i think i got mark wise 21/24 32-33/36 , 16ish/24 and about 25/36. obviously i have no complete idea of how accurate that is until i get the mark but if i was right, what grade would that be?

About... 105/120 which is a strong mid A
Reply 39
oh god maybe not that good then, i was thinking mid B scraping an A if im lucky, ah we'll see in a dreaded 3 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending