The Student Room Group

Higher Geography

Scroll to see replies

Original post by humza100
Yeh i was just revising tat and thinking the exact same, but you never know the SQA sometimes put the same Q twice in a row to throw people off their predictions, they is a sneaky wee bunch

i was just about to say that :tongue: sqa are as sly as foxes - some questions came up twice in a row when i was looking through the past papers
How long does each paper last for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 322
Original post by lovecupcakes
How long does each paper last for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to my calculations
1 and a half hours for Paper 1
And 1 hour 15 mins for 2
According to my calculations
1 and a half hours for Paper 1
And 1 hour 15 mins for 2

Thanks a bit worried for paper one with the timing since there's a lot to write for one question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 324
Thanks a bit worried for paper one with the timing since there's a lot to write for one question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its 15 minutes per question
Its 15 minutes per question

Oh doesn't sound too bad ughh need to get off tsr and study!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 326
Oh doesn't sound too bad ughh need to get off tsr and study!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, but it keeps calling to me, im trying to do both :tongue:
Reply 327
Original post by mjj22
Ino Glaciation is so easy!Though am predicting coasts this yr.
My prelim was coasts too! 47/50 cause i didnt study this 6marker and only got 3marks frm it haha.

What was your 6 mark in it? Ours was just straight forward - Coastal features, socio-economic opportunities by coastal landscape, problems and solutions :lol:

Original post by scotty26
my teachers predictions:

Sand Dune System
Describing a Hydrograph
Urban-Mapping
Commercial farming
Ocean currents and wind belts
Limestone
New industry-possible map
Population pyramids

she is usually very accurate and puts in a lot of thought!! however dont blame me if shes wrong :tongue:

Your teacher made the same predictions as me, wow maybe I'm getting good at this :~)
Reply 328
Does anybody have any decent notes on sand dune succession? I don't think I even have the notes...
Original post by Goldaline
Does anybody have any decent notes on sand dune succession? I don't think I even have the notes...

http://www.ardacad.co.uk/geo/notes/h_modelans/biosphere.pdf
Reply 330

Thank you very much, ma'am!

Also this is my teacher's own website. It's not comprehensive as of yet but it has a few good video explanations and he shows you how to draw the diagrams etc. Some of you might find it useful for a spot of last minute revision. :smile:

http://geographygeeks.com/
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Goldaline
Thank you very much, ma'am!

Also this is my teacher's own website. It's not comprehensive as of yet but it has a few good video explanations and he shows you how to draw the diagrams etc. Some of you might find it useful for a spot of last minute revision. :smile:

http://geographygeeks.com/

No probs, have a look at the other topics as well, it has all model answers of all the questions they could ask you (except coasts & hydrosphere)
Reply 332
does anyone highly recommend higher geography? i've never taken it before but thinking of crashing it
Reply 333
Original post by abcdemma
does anyone highly recommend higher geography? i've never taken it before but thinking of crashing it

Yeah, I definitely would! I crashed it this year and I find it really really interesting and kinda fun. You learn a lot of stuff which is really useful, even if just for general knowledge and etc. I really piss my boyfriend off by constantly pointing out the technical names for various geographical features and it makes me feel like a smartie pants. The only real setback is the fact that there is so much to learn. I honestly think there's more to try cram in your brain for geography than for any other subject, but the good thing is that you can sorta predict what might come up, and only some of the course does come up, even though you were taught 983429849384 topics.
Reply 334

I crashed it this year... It's not to difficult just quite a lot to remember... In the 2 classes there were 10 people crashing it- I was the only one in my class crashing it and I am the only one left doing it as a crash higher now as the others got dropped to int 2. But it really was my favourite subject this year :smile:
17,5 hrs left :frown: I hope I can get at least a B...

I personally think geography is really interesting, and most of the course is pretty relevant, unlike english. however, the exam is so tight for time and you have to learn SO much stuff that I don't think it's worth it. you might, though :smile:
Reply 337
Original post by CSM1996
What was your 6 mark in it? Ours was just straight forward - Coastal features, socio-economic opportunities by coastal landscape, problems and solutions :lol:

Your teacher made the same predictions as me, wow maybe I'm getting good at this :~)

Ours was different. it literally had a little bit of everything in it:O

and the 6 marker was "How National Parks Conservation Strategy helps to protect the landscape"

It came up in a certain year but cant remember which one. haha

Oompht finally done Hydrosphere.

RLR; D+H and Biosphere left, haha nt bad. u done yet?
Reply 338
Population done, only 5 more topics to go!
Reply 339
Anyone hazard a guess to what'll come up in Lithosphere?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending