Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently got close to a guy friend and when he went away for a few weeks we both promised not to get with anyone else. When he got back, we started seeing each other and I find out that he had sex with a girl in the year below.
    He says he regrets things etc, which is why he failed to mention it, but I ended things with him.
    We came close to having sex, so I am glad nothing happened.
    Was wondering if anyone has any regrets or is glad they didn't go all the way?

ReputationRep:
    My biggest sex regret was losing my virginity at the age of 11.

It made me really nervous and uncomfortable about sex for a very long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    My biggest sex regret was losing my virginity at the age of 11.

It made me really nervous and uncomfortable about sex for a very long time.
    Really? Jesus. Was the other person of a similar age?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I regret not getting with more girls during 1st year freshers week.

I regret loosing my Virginty at the age of 14 to a guy I didn't know and who was much older than me. I was so naive and it's made my attitude towards sex way more relaxed than it should be.
    I wish I'd never done it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booksnob)
    Really? Jesus. Was the other person of a similar age?
    Yeah, we were the same age.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah. Once, I think I was 16, there was this girl with the biggest tits ever at this party, I think she said they were Gs, and she wasn't even large. So fit. She asked me to walk her home, we got back to hers, she looked at me awkwardly... and I left. Absolutely bottled it, huge virgin. Would have been amazing for my confidence to have done something there.

ReputationRep:
    Sex in a hottub.
    Don't f*ckin do it.
    Just don't..

Yeah, not having sex.... And I'm 18

ReputationRep:
    I regret nothing :indiff: Every experience has taught me something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't particularly regret, but I wouldn't do either of these things again:
    - Cheat on a partner,
    - Have a one night stand in Paris, because I'd stayed out late, couldn't get back to where I was staying, and needed somewhere to crash. The story is slightly more complicated than that...I hooked up with a street artist I'd been bumping into all day in Montmarte, and he drove me under the Arc de Triomphe at round about midnight while the Eiffel Tower was doing its shiny thing - and that's when I realised I couldn't get home, so went back to his (I'd been toying with the idea of sleeping with him anyway, but that was what tipped it for me). It sounds like an awesome story - "I was seduced by a street artist and kissed under the Eiffel Tower at midnight!" - but the sensation of having no choice but to sleep with him wasn't particularly awesome. Also he was really really terrible in bed.

I say not regret because in both cases I've learned from it (CHEATING IS BAD, always have a get-home plan), but neither were great experiences.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm I dunno besides having post break up sex where there where no strings attached. ( terrible idea since i still had feelings for her)

Never thought I would say I felt used for sex

I regret that I nearly nearly lost my virginity to my ex that I did sexual things with him not because I wanted to but because I thought it was expected of me. I wish I had stuck to my morals and done nothing. All though im very happy my first time was with my now boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    I regret losing my virginity to someone who didn't love me and was too old for me. It's changed the way I think about sex and it has effected my relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    I regret nothing :indiff: Every experience has taught me something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You must know a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    You must know a lot.
    :rofl: I've only been with the one person. I meant more in terms of its taught me what I like and dislike etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Don't we all... haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    How many did you get with, if I may politely ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I regret ALMOST having sex with one of my male friends about a year ago.

I regret everything with my first boyfriend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.