Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The most overlooked!

I do History Schools GCSE on OCR. I'm studying medicine through time and the American West.

Anyone else doing this course? If so, what are you anticipating to come up?

I'm hoping the Mormons come up as a source question (though unlikely), and I'm expecting there to be a choice question of homesteaders and maybe cowboys.

As for medicine, I think it will be the same as every year: Ancients (probably religion, hasn't come up for a while), factors and renaissance (maybe Pasteur this year, hopefully).

ReputationRep:
    I do medicine; I hope Pasteur comes up. Wouldn't mind a Koch v Pasteur essay question. I'm not that keen on the development of hospitals, so hopefully that doesn't come up. Galen and Hippocrates wouldn't be bad. I don't think Galen has come up for a while, so I anticipate him making an appearance.

Hoping for sources based on religion and supernatural beliefs; the Black death caused by God for example. I'm more confident on the ancient world (Prehistoric, Egypt, Greece and Rome) so I hope that the exam is more based on them topics. There is normally always at least one essay which strictly refers to the ancient worlds, so no doubt I'll be doing that one.

My paper 2 is about public health in the 19th century, so perhaps Edwin Chadwick/John Simon and John Snow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack59)
    I do medicine; I hope Pasteur comes up. Wouldn't mind a Koch v Pasteur essay question. I'm not that keen on the development of hospitals, so hopefully that doesn't come up. Galen and Hippocrates wouldn't be bad. I don't think Galen has come up for a while, so I anticipate him making an appearance.

Hoping for sources based on religion and supernatural beliefs; the Black death caused by God for example. I'm more confident on the ancient world (Prehistoric, Egypt, Greece and Rome) so I hope that the exam is more based on them topics. There is normally always at least one essay which strictly refers to the ancient worlds, so no doubt I'll be doing that one.

My paper 2 is about public health in the 19th century, so perhaps Edwin Chadwick/John Simon and John Snow.
    I do medicine as well.
    I'm really confident on the ancients (q1 of the choice is almost always on ancient civilisations) - but after about 1850 I get a bit confused! Suddenly a lot of medical developments are crammed together.

I did my paper 2 in year 10 on the development of penicillin (which, ironically, I'm allergic to).

Did you do a Controlled Assessment?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same boat with Mmichaell, after the middle ages I get a bit confused. But according to Mr Godman paper 1 is going to focus on surgery so I'd get revising that.

According to my history teacher, I got 40/50 on my CA which I'm pretty happy about since I didn't even finish it. I'm hoping the exam board marks it the same cause I've just barely scrapped an A (39 is a B).

What are your targets? mine Is an A but I'm aiming for A*.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2013

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.