The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Anyone go to or are considering applying to Writtle College in for 2014/15?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EleanorWilde95
Sounds good! Yeah I'm so excited now that results day is over! Are you? :smile:

yeah I can't wait to start, I done a btec so got my results about a month ago, and the freshers week looks fun
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Hayleigh96
yeah I can't wait to start, I done a btec so got my results about a month ago, and the freshers week looks fun

I did a diploma last year and had a gap year :smile: Where did you find the freshers week stuff? I can't seem to find it...
Original post by EleanorWilde95
I did a diploma last year and had a gap year :smile: Where did you find the freshers week stuff? I can't seem to find it...

Its in the registration email
Hi Eleanor,

There is a Freshers event page on facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/events/478661018930487/?fref=ts

Any questions just ask, I'm going into second year:smile:
Now that everyone has their results and knows they are definetly going I cant wait :biggrin: its going to be so fun, Cant wait for freshers week, It would be great to become friends with you all before we go and we can meet up on moving in day!
Original post by magiemix
Hi Eleanor,

There is a Freshers event page on facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/events/478661018930487/?fref=ts

Any questions just ask, I'm going into second year:smile:

Thank you. I've joined the event and I can't wait now! :smile:
Hi there!

I am pretty sure that Writtle College will be one of the places I apply for this September to do the animal science course 2015/2016.

I visited the college back in July for the open day. I really liked the look of the course, accommodation, facilities,etc.

What do you think about Writtle College in general? What is the social life like? Is freshers week good there? Is anyone else taking Animal science and have any tips or advice? Or even general things about writtle?

Original post by Vetstudent2014
Hi there!

I am pretty sure that Writtle College will be one of the places I apply for this September to do the animal science course 2015/2016.

I visited the college back in July for the open day. I really liked the look of the course, accommodation, facilities,etc.

What do you think about Writtle College in general? What is the social life like? Is freshers week good there? Is anyone else taking Animal science and have any tips or advice? Or even general things about writtle?

Hey,
It's a really friendly small place, everyone will be a familiar face by the end of the year!
Everyone goes down the SU bar on a monday for the themed nights, and wed for cheap drinks before town. You'll also find most people down there every other evening to though haha.
Hey,
It's a really friendly small place, everyone will be a familiar face by the end of the year!
Everyone goes down the SU bar on a monday for the themed nights, and wed for cheap drinks before town. You'll also find most people down there every other evening to though haha.

HI im starting this year and I just wanted to ask about guests, how strict are they on keeping to the 10 nights a term per resident?
ooooo didn't know about this rule! I best keep that in mind then

Posted from TSR Mobile
HI im starting this year and I just wanted to ask about guests, how strict are they on keeping to the 10 nights a term per resident?

10 nights a term?! Are you kidding? Am never going to manage that, my boyfriend will be staying like every other weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not atall, no one ever signs in guests and have them stay as much as they like so don't worry! Just have them park in the main carpark and the college will never know:smile:
Hi, I'm starting Writtle in September, studying BSc Agriculture, and I'm in Tabor 2 halls, anybody else on my course or in my halls?
Original post by DaveParker
Hi, I'm starting Writtle in September, studying BSc Agriculture, and I'm in Tabor 2 halls, anybody else on my course or in my halls?

I am staying in tabour 2 but I am studying animal management zoo and companion animals :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well at least I know I won't be the only one in my halls haha, by the looks of it I'll be the only person doing Agriculture
Hey, I'll be going into second year at Writtle in September - noone really checks visitors staying in peoples room to be honest! Cleaners come round every morning but thats it!! :smile:

Original post by AliceBeccaa
10 nights a term?! Are you kidding? Am never going to manage that, my boyfriend will be staying like every other weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heyyyyy, I'm going into second year in September and studying Animal Management and in Hamilton halls.
Feel free to message me or add me on facebook (Mairead Browne - my headers a group of girls in a line) - i'll be more than happy to chat :smile:

- Mairead x
Not atall, no one ever signs in guests and have them stay as much as they like so don't worry! Just have them park in the main carpark and the college will never know:smile:

Thats great, thanks for replying :smile:
Original post by AliceBeccaa

yeah same, i'm glad they're not strict about it now, do you have facebook?
There's a facebook page for anyone doing an animal management degree if anyones interested :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1465809707006727/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending