Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently, I study Mathematics, Economics, English Literature and Media Studies (the latter I enjoy, but I will definitely drop this at A2). Is a combination of the first three suitable to then go on to study A&F at university? Also, I'm thinking of applying to Sheffield - does anyone know how competitive the course is there, or how competitive the course is in general across all universities?

ReputationRep:
    The a levels are fine, most courses don't specify any certain a levels, but suggest some which they favour, may be worth having a look. As far as Sheffield is concerned there are 50000 students there, and is a popular place to go! Sheff Hallam will be lower requirements than Sheffield uni, and from personal experience (just made sheff Hallam my first choice for a business degree) the talks they provide are well worth it and inform you of places etc.
    hope this helps-
    Harry

ReputationRep:
    Check the individual courses website for their specific requirements. If it isnt clear, or doesnt cover the qualifications you are doing, email the Uni and ask.

Remember, as important as your predicted grades are your Personal Statement and your Academic Reference. Your application is judged on all three elements.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.