Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    can anyone remember the log question that was on this exam? it was worth 6 marks.

Thanks
    Dan

ps. Hope all of you did well
    • Study Helper

(Original post by gamei)
    Hey guys,
    can anyone remember the log question that was on this exam? it was worth 6 marks.

Thanks
    Dan

Try looking on the maths exam subforum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gamei)
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    Dan

ok mate i think i remember

2log(x+7)-log(x+5)=3

i think that was the log question, show that there is only one value of x which satisfie the equation.

you had to turn it into a quadratic forum first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agharaza94)
    ok mate i think i remember

2log(x+7)-log(x+5)=3

i think that was the log question, show that there is only one value of x which satisfie the equation.

you had to turn it into a quadratic forum first.
    Yeah! And the quadratic equation I came up with was something like.. x^2-6x+9=0 And got x=-3 and x=-3. So it has only one solution of x. I am not sure I you had to use a discriminant as well to prove?

ReputationRep:
    how did find the exam overall?

I found the sequence question a little tricky and also got it wrong. The stretch by a scale factor question was hard as well.

What do you think the grade boundaries for C2 will be?

ReputationRep:
    That log question was tough, had to stare at it for 15 minutes before the solution came to me. I remember it well so I recreated it Name:  log.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  206.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magzter)
    That log question was tough, had to stare at it for 15 minutes before the solution came to me. I remember it well so I recreated it Name:  log.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  206.6 KB
    Yes the question at first was quite tricky but how do you think the grade boundaries will be set?

The paper to me felt like a bumpy car ride. It was easy, then hard, then easy....so on

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! Check what you got in the exam here! I have all the answers! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yfe6j2ckbwbw9qp/sQVw4Fn7Lc CORE 1 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gtezd03r3oq4qhl/aRrLC_jIbc CORE 2 I think I got 65/75 in c2 and 69/75 in c1. I am Happy! :cool: Please everyone, tell me and others what you got!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    Hello everyone! Check what you got in the exam here! I have all the answers! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yfe6j2ckbwbw9qp/sQVw4Fn7Lc CORE 1 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gtezd03r3oq4qhl/aRrLC_jIbc CORE 2 I think I got 65/75 in c2 and 69/75 in c1. I am Happy! :cool: Please everyone, tell me and others what you got!

Your the best man! I was so worried about the exam but yeah now I am feeling better after comparing my answers to yours.

What do you think about grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsRus)
    Your the best man! I was so worried about the exam but yeah now I am feeling better after comparing my answers to yours.

What do you think about grade boundaries?
    Thank you for your positive comments! Grade boundaries in January 2013 were 64/75 (core 1), and 62/75 (core 2) for an A. For June 2013, the grade boundaries will definitely be lower compared to January 2013. So I will definitely get an A in maths overall! What do you think you got?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ive made a quick video explaining the log question
    Let me know if you find it useful

(Original post by gamei)
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    Dan

ReputationRep:
    Possibly 63-64/75 as I got the stupid limit question wrong so I lost method marks there and I got the scale factor question wrong. I wrote it was stretch by a scale factor 1/2. Also I thought that 180 was 2pi somehow that sector question so lost a mark there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.