Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Handed in my thesis a week ago. I think it's really really bad. Not sure what mark I'm going to get. I need to do well to get a 2.1, so I can match my job offer.

Exams start in a week.

I'm basically ****ed.

I don't care so much about not getting the job, it's just that a 2.2 is so pointless. The crazy thing is I could've just got a BEng and got a 2.1, instead I opted for an MEng, and now I'm going to get a 2.2, and have less opportunities than if I had just got a BEng.

How nuts is that?

****. Feel like such a let down :/

ReputationRep:
    No matter how much you beat yourself up about the situation and second guess yourself it's not going to change what you've submitted so it's essentially just wasted time and effort that could be better utilised on other more productive tasks. Please don't take that in a critical way or anything I used to be a bit like what you've described in your post, worrying about stuff and being overly self critical but in the end I came to the conclusion that it's not helpful so why bother wasting my time on it? It probably feels quite unnatural but do try to push all of the self doubts out of your mind in the mean time and instead focus the remaining week on preparation for your exams You don't know what grade you're going to get until it's all been marked and the results given to you, so just focus on the things you can change for now i.e. plenty of revision and exam preparation and leave all the worrying for a later date when there are less pressing matters to deal with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.