Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is 'where is the love' back in the charts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Number 40? How come? Not complaining of course - it's a fab song
    Just wondering

ReputationRep:
    Black Eyed Peas? Probably because 'the voice' is on, everyone sees Will I Am and is like OMG lets download that old tune

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably performed by an act on Britain's Got The American X Factor Idol, that's usually the case. Some people suddenly go "oh wait I like dis song now lol have my money"

Maybe people are appreciating their older stuff after finally realising how terrible they've become.

ReputationRep:
    Be hilarious if it has to do with the people thinking Fergie has retired...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Be hilarious if it has to do with the people thinking Fergie has retired...
    I have no idea what the real reason is but someone has put theory on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Is_the_Love%3F

If more people want to own one of the best singles of the 2000s then that's fine by me, regardless of the reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    If more people want to own one of the best singles of the 2000s then that's fine by me, regardless of the reason.
    Personally it bothers me when people buy into a message and tell themselves that it makes a difference. Where Is The Love sold bucketloads, but how many of those buyers are still loveless *******s? Same for One Love by Bob Marley, people go on the YouTube video and comment something about how we all need to love one another, then the next minute is probably having a childish essay internet argument.

The amount of bullies and selfish girls who claim to be fans of Creep by Radiohead is another one.

But above all that, I don't get how those who just bought the song got from A to B. 'A' being 'a member of Black Eyed Peas is leaving' and 'B' being 'I must buy and listen to one of their songs'. If they were a fan or someone who liked the song, chances are they already had that song, and why are they buying it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I like Where is the Love

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa idiots.

Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls is too. Only reason I've heard it a few times then I guess... Maaan.

ReputationRep:
    Because, where is the love?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siwelmail)
    Because, where is the love?
    Replace all instances of 'love' in song titles to 'muff' and you'll see the true message.

ReputationRep:
    But above all that, I don't get how those who just bought the song got from A to B. 'A' being 'a member of Black Eyed Peas is leaving' and 'B' being 'I must buy and listen to one of their songs'. If they were a fan or someone who liked the song, chances are they already had that song, and why are they buying it anyway?
    Because they've forgotten about it.,, It's been out for 10 years so they've stopped listening to it, they hear something about the Black Eyed Peas and they remember the song...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Because they've forgotten about it.,, It's been out for 10 years so they've stopped listening to it, they hear something about the Black Eyed Peas and they remember the song...
    And then dig out their CD or MP3, instead of buying a spare copy, right?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Someone on YouTube said that it's because the song refers to terrorism and this relates to the recent 'terrorist' attack in Woolwich. Whether that's the real reason, I don't know. It's a good song either way.

ReputationRep:
    And then dig out their CD or MP3, instead of buying a spare copy, right?
    Could easily have lost it, or just never had it previously as they were too young or just liked the song but never bought it.

(Original post by llacerta)
    Someone on YouTube said that it's because the song refers to terrorism and this relates to the recent 'terrorist' attack in Woolwich. Whether that's the real reason, I don't know. It's a good song either way.
    This thread was made before that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.