Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watch (and enjoy) the two amazing programmes about Richard Feynman on the BBC last night? He was such a remarkable man and they were brilliant shows.

The first, 'The Challenger', was a gripping drama about Feynman's remarkable part in the investigation into the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster - brilliantly played by William Hurt, who is such a great actor.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...he_Challenger/

Right after that was 'The Fantastic Mr Feynman' which dug deep into BBC archives and had lots of fascinating material about this great US scientist.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ic_Mr_Feynman/

They are really worth seeing, even for the non-scientist like me, Feynman was absolutely outstanding at explaining advanced science to people who aren't all that familiar with it, but he was also just very funny and insightful in all sorts of ways.

ReputationRep:
    I know your post is bursting with replies :lol:, but I watched it too. I've always liked him, and the documentary was great.

ReputationRep:
    He's the one who actually inspired me to do physics at uni. Brilliant guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgaw9qe7DEE

ReputationRep:
    Where can I watch the first show? It's no longer available on iPlayer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-Dog)
    I know your post is bursting with replies :lol:, but I watched it too. I've always liked him, and the documentary was great.
    Haha, yes, I think we're in a fairly select and very small group.

I'm not all that scientific, but I really enjoyed the way these programmes made some very complex theoretical and practical scientific issues more personal and accessible - he was a very intelligent and interesting man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Haha, yes, I think we're in a fairly select and very small group.

I'm not all that scientific, but I really enjoyed the way these programmes made some very complex theoretical and practical scientific issues more personal and accessible - he was a very intelligent and interesting man.
    haha, yes he was. btw your thread's title made me think you had slept with him the night before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-Dog)
    haha, yes he was. btw your thread's title made me think you had slept with him the night before
    You do realise he's deceased?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    You do realise he's deceased?
    haha yes, but that doesn't neccessarily mean anything...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.