Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm italian and I don't write in english very well, so I ask you forgiveness for my poor english!
    I've reserved the "Expressive Painting" course at CSM (Back Hill, Clerkenwell) this summer. The course lasts one one week and I have need of an accomodation, but I can't know well which are the alternatives.
    At first, I thought to choose Will Wyatt Court, but in this forum I've read very very bad things about this place (like mices in the kitchen :eek:). So I don't know if Don Gratton House is better or is in the same situation.
    Anyhow both this accomodation are not so close to Back Hill, and I'd like to found a place closest and clean. Also I'd like to find I safe place without spending too much money.
    Do you know others places safe and clean besides Don Gratton House and Will Wyatt Court near to Back Hill? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing a summer course at lcc and I'm staying in Manna Ash House. They're website is ... http://www.summerbreaks.org/index.asp It's £41/per night. I'm not sure if ths is closer to CSM than will wyatt or not but I've heard it's a nice place to stay. Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarwinDeez)
    Hi, I'm doing a summer course at lcc and I'm staying in Manna Ash House. They're website is ... http://www.summerbreaks.org/index.asp It's £41/per night. I'm not sure if ths is closer to CSM than will wyatt or not but I've heard it's a nice place to stay. Hope this helped
    Thank you for the reply!
    £41/per night maybe are too much for me, I will think on this.

ReputationRep:
    No one else? Between Don Gratton House and Will Wyatt Court which is better? For both these places maybe the distance from Back Hill are similar. So I'd like to choose the more clean and more safe place. Are the area around Don Gratton or Will Wyatt safe?

ReputationRep:
    i did a short course at back hill last year and i stayed at rosebury hall. it was absolutely ideal - well priced at £33 a night (may have gone up now though?), you get a buffet breakfast included in the price, it's in a fantastic area (very safe!), and it took me less than ten minutes to walk to back hill every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccafairy)
    i did a short course at back hill last year and i stayed at rosebury hall. it was absolutely ideal - well priced at £33 a night (may have gone up now though?), you get a buffet breakfast included in the price, it's in a fantastic area (very safe!), and it took me less than ten minutes to walk to back hill every day.
    Thank you so much but there are not room available! :banghead:
    Do you know other places? Do you know something about Gratton House?

ReputationRep:
    The main question: is Don Gratton House in a safe area? Because watching the street on google maps the area don't seem very safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silvia3)
    Thank you so much but there are not room available! :banghead:
    Do you know other places? Do you know something about Gratton House?
    no, but you shouldn't be too worried about safety if you're staying in student halls as you'll have cctv and security on site. just go for the cheapest/closest option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccafairy)
    no, but you shouldn't be too worried about safety if you're staying in student halls as you'll have cctv and security on site. just go for the cheapest/closest option.
    Ok but I'll walk alone in the street around the Don Gratton area (WhiteChapel). I've read many things and this is a cheap unsafe area. I have to look for another place :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe i've decided to reserve at Manna Ash!
    The area is quite near to Clerkenwell and I've read some good opinions. Do you know if Manna Ash area is more safe of Don Gratton area?

ReputationRep:
    So do you tell me that Manna Ash area is not safe? :confused:
    Now I'm really confused! I've reserved at Manna Ash and I've watched on google maps the area and seems safe and very near to the main streets.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand...and I ask to forum moderators. The user ooftblaize this afternoon responded to me about Manna Ash in this topic and he told me that the area is not safe, so I ask you why, but he has removed your answer and I really don't understand. I simply ask about the safety of the Manna Ash area and I don't understand why ooftblaize has removed what he has told to me. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hello silvia, sorry I deleted them as I double posted and went to delete them and merge them in a post but my phone died.

I said that Manna ash is in southwark which has dodgy areas and good areas. Its also very central which is good but it is near a dodgy area called elephant and castle which you should avoid as with most of south london at night time. I'm sure you will be safe as your only staying for a week so dont worry Its quite busy at around morning till late afternoon with business people so its quite safe but avoid hanging about at night time alone. Its no more dangerous than any other halls really. Sorry if I stressed you out xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooftblaize)
    Hello silvia, sorry I deleted them as I double posted and went to delete them and merge them in a post but my phone died.

I said that Manna ash is in southwark which has dodgy areas and good areas. Its also very central which is good but it is near a dodgy area called elephant and castle which you should avoid as with most of south london at night time. I'm sure you will be safe as your only staying for a week so dont worry Its quite busy at around morning till late afternoon with business people so its quite safe but avoid hanging about at night time alone. Its no more dangerous than any other halls really. Sorry if I stressed you out xx
    Ok thank you very much for the explanation. I've discarded Don Gratton House for the area hoping that Manna Ash was safer. But anyway I'll avoid to hanging about at night time alone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.