Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't decide what to apply for Masters...! (Business-related) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Currently in my second year studying BA Management. Since we're close to summer holidays now I just thought maybe I'll start doing some research about Master courses...

Almost done with my second year, GPA should be somewhere around 3.0-3.5. I'm looking at business schools with business-related courses. As a BA student, I'm definitely not really keen on the quantitative courses (e.g. economics, finance, statistics etc). I've been looking into a few courses so far, with LSE's MSc Risk & Finance being the one I would like to apply to. Since it's not pure finance, its not that math-intensive, although the requirements does state that a bit of maths is required, I think I should be up to the challenge.

I know this will be quite a vague question, but any graduates out there studying in a business school that can provide me advice about what good (possibly top) courses that would suit me? I want to do something either finance-related or something to do with human resource & strategy. The downfall at the moment though is that since I'm already doing a management degree for my bachelors, many business schools (e.g. Warwick, Imperial) do not accept students for their MSc management programmes if they did business or management in their previous degree.. ):

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Look at the employability and starting salaries of what the potential courses may lead to see if that has a sway on things

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.