Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Roberto Mancini sacked. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news...nt-13-May-2013

"It is with regret that Manchester City Football Club announces that Roberto Mancini has been relieved of his duties as Manchester City Manager. "

Doesn't come as much of a surprise.

Thoughts? And who do you think should replace him?

ReputationRep:
    Ferguson to City.

You heard it here first.

EDIT: haha somebody actually negged me for this. That's the last time I say a bad word about the 'dear leader' then...

ReputationRep:
    Two trophies since 2009 is a really weak record tbh given the resources he had.

ReputationRep:
    At least we won't hear any more whining from Mancini..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    All 3 of the title challengers next season will have new managers, that's going to be very interesting to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Sheikh Mansour requested Mancini to come to Abu Dhabi for a meeting and Mancini snubbed him because he was preparing for Man U at home. The Sheikh took this as a grave insult and their relationship broke down from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Apparently Sheikh Mansour requested Mancini to come to Abu Dhabi for a meeting and Mancini snubbed him because he was preparing for Man U at home. The Sheikh took this as a grave insult and their relationship broke down from there
    Or... City didnt win anything this year.

ReputationRep:
    I find him an unlikeable figure - always moaning despite being the most pampered manager, zero charisma during interviews and bizarre substituions.

ReputationRep:
    Constantly blaming and undermining his players in public, refusing to take any blame for his tactics (trying a largely untested 3 at the back system against Real Madrid) has made me dislike him. Saying that he managed to build a team that won the premiership which is no easy task despite the money. I think he deserved one more season

ReputationRep:
    but why did this happen? He said he was the best in England

ReputationRep:
    Did he punch Na$ri in the face on the way out?

ReputationRep:
    Admired his honesty in media interviews but he was too honest at times.

He's set the platform there for someone like Pellegrini to come in and take the team further from a performance point of view and also trophies. He's got a very good record in Spain but a test for him, like Moyes, to take over a big job with alot of scrutiny. Had Mancini been kept on, would have had the slight advantage over Moyes next season. Pellegrini will take time to get accustomed.

Assume Roberto will go back to Italy or maybe even a stop gap at Madrid as Ancelotti won't be released by PSG.

ReputationRep:
    A year to the day since he won the league, Mancini has been sacked by Man City. This time last year he was celebrating with pompous excitement and joy after the 'Balotelli to AGGUERROOOOOOOO' episode. He won the FA Cup in the first season and then the league last year on dramatic fashion. Irony as well after Ferguson has just retired too.

I do think it was qite harsh though on Mancini as he won City their first Premier League title, he deserved more leeway. Despite a poor performance in the CL, I thought they would let it slide as they were drawn into a bloody difficult group. Was Zabaleta's red card, really a key fault of Mancini?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Or... City didnt win anything this year.
    I don't know? Wouldn't the community sheild count as silverware as they did beat Chelsea 3-2 in a highly competitive match at Wembley. And the season before, United didn't win anything apart from the community Sheild when they beat City 3-2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    All 3 of the title challengers next season will have new managers, that's going to be very interesting to say the least.
    Moyes-Pellagrini-Mourinho

One confirmed, but the two are constant suggestions by the mass media.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea City and United all with new managers for next season. Difficult to see who will be favorite. Summer signings will probably sway it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by anonstudent1)
    Chelsea City and United all with new managers for next season. Difficult to see who will be favorite. Summer signings will probably sway it.
    I reckon we will see the British transfer record being broken this summer. It's going to be a big one, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    I don't know? Wouldn't the community sheild count as silverware as they did beat Chelsea 3-2 in a highly competitive match at Wembley. And the season before, United didn't win anything apart from the community Sheild when they beat City 3-2.
    Villa Park

ReputationRep:
    I personally am in agreement with the people who think it was harsh, deserved at least one more season but with the cash the owners have ploughed in it does lead to a rise in expectations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I reckon we will see the British transfer record being broken this summer. It's going to be a big one, that's for sure.
    With FFP, I doubt it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.