Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey

i have recently made an appointment with my local doctor with regards to an issue I have, which I ideally want to get sorted out before I go on holiday next month. but the next available appointment is basically AFTER I leave, which obviously isn't too helpful. (i live in a small-ish town btw)

so excuse me if this sounds silly, but what other options to i have here? can i go to another practice in another town and register there?

cheers
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Is this something you can discuss over the phone with the doctor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Is this something you can discuss over the phone with the doctor?
    No not really.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If you register somewhere else, you'll be deregistered at your current practise. You may find that it can take them a week or two to get your medical records. (whether that would be an issue, I don't know)

ReputationRep:
    If you register somewhere else, you'll be deregistered at your current practise. You may find that it can take them a week or two to get your medical records. (whether that would be an issue, I don't know)
    OK..Yeah thats not the best option.

On a similar note, whats the easiest way to be tested for allergies nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    How about finding a walk-in centre near you?
    You could see a practitioner that way before your holiday couldn't you?
    Only downside is you'll probably have to wait a long while there

ReputationRep:
    In some cases it can take a long time, mine took about 3 months! :eek:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Freak Out)
    In some cases it can take a long time, mine took about 3 months! :eek:
    :eek: I think mine took a few weeks or so. About the same when I had to move back to my current GP surgery.

ReputationRep:
    i had no trouble visiting a different GP when i was registered somewhere else, if theyre not booked up theyll usualy see you

ReputationRep:
    Most gps often have appointment's which are bookale on the day so if you call as soon they open u might get one for that day. I know at my gp does at and I have called at 8.30am on the day and got a appointment for that day. hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercedes21)
    Most gps often have appointment's which are bookale on the day so if you call as soon they open u might get one for that day. I know at my gp does at and I have called at 8.30am on the day and got a appointment for that day. hope this helps
    Yes, this is the same for my practice too. One of the GPs lets you book with him online, which is very useful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.