The Student Room Group

Do universities look at individual unit marks?

So I had my first AS today and it went horrific I highly doubt I got above a C. It's made me worry a lot about applying to uni, if I get >90% in my other two modules it'll probably still leave me with a poorish grade, it's been a good wake up call of how much work I need to do, I'm seriously panicking that one module might affect me getting into uni :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Depends which university and what course
Reply 2
Cambridge definitely do, they look at UMS performance of their applicants.

Like the above poster says, it 100% depends on the university. But the top Russell Group unis will probably ask for additional information such as UMS/raw marks if you're being considered amongst a large amount of other applicants..

Hope this helps, if you need more info just PM me and I'll get some specific information for you:smile:
Reply 3
As far as I know, only Cambridge and the LSE for some maths courses actually look at individual unit marks. And Cambridge doesn't mind one or two retakes, so that would be one way of resolving the problem. However, if you do really well in any modules, then you could mention the individual marks in your PS, or better get them mentioned in your teacher reference. So try and turn this situation into an advantage - do really well on C2 and the other module you're doing, possibly retaking C1, and any negatives from the retake will be outweighed by your great unit marks in your other modules:biggrin:
Good luck in your other exams!
Reply 4
hey!!!

Im just doing my as level exams... (so close!!!)
I just need the practice unit test 1 and 2 in geoege facer edxcel book for chemistry
please could anyone send it as soon as possible

thanks a lot!!!!
As far as I know only Oxbridge and LSE do but I suppose top Russell Group unis might depending on the course

Quick Reply

Latest