Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright! This is my first post so excuse me if I don't get to grips straight away

Anyway, I'm 16 and have a job interview for a "Casual Sales Assistant" tomorrow evening and, as it's my first, I'm kind of filling my trousers.

I was wondering if anybody could give me any tips?
    What to wear?
    Questions they will ask?
    etc etc etc

Thanks
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by EarthToOllie)
    Alright! This is my first post so excuse me if I don't get to grips straight away

Anyway, I'm 16 and have a job interview for a "Casual Sales Assistant" tomorrow evening and, as it's my first, I'm kind of filling my trousers.

What to wear?
    Questions they will ask?
    etc etc etc

Thanks
    I'd suggest smart casual so smart trousers a shirt but don't bother with a tie.
    They'll probably ask the same old questions: "Tell us a time you worked part of a team." If you haven't had any work experience it's ok to draw on things from school. If you have work experience use that instead. Just try to seem confident, it's more about having good customer service and seeming like a good person to work with than trying to make them think you know everything about sports as you'll get trained up on their products.

And they'll probably ask why you want to work for their company. I usually use the old, a family friend used to work for this company and said they are great and care about the staff.

Hope this helped and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant, thanks mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What to wear?
    Questions they will ask?
    etc etc etc

Thanks
    When I had an interview for Sports Direct, I just wore something smart
    They'll ask questions like 'why do you want to work at Sports Direct?'
    Just be confident, you'll be fine ! I've been working at Sports Direct for 7 months now !

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, had my interview before. Answered every question with confidence and held a good conversation.

Find out tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, had my interview before. Answered every question with confidence and held a good conversation.

Find out tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What store was it at?

ReputationRep:
    I had a interview for sports direct on the 12th, got the job and start tomorrow, I strongly recommend shirt tie and trousers, trust me, better to be overdressed than underdressed, when you first know who your interview is, make normal conversation as much as you can to make you less nervous, he looked at my CV, asked me things like, 3 words to describe myself, my hobbies and activities, things I enjoy, we did a role play about selling bags for life, I talked about previous employment which was at a charity shop, and that was it, he said he'll contact me 3 days, next day got the call that I had the job, goodluck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got the call back before saying I got the job,

Thanks again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got the call back before saying I got the job,

Thanks again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.