Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the Watsky gig at O2 Academy Islington next week, and it'll be my first gig! (I've been to festivals - never gigs)

I just want to know how early I should get there if I want to get pretty near the front. It's a sold out show so I'm expecting it to be pretty busy, but I don't want to spend all day standing outside...
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by charlottepenelope)
    I'm going to the Watsky gig at O2 Academy Islington next week, and it'll be my first gig! (I've been to festivals - never gigs)

I just want to know how early I should get there if I want to get pretty near the front. It's a sold out show so I'm expecting it to be pretty busy, but I don't want to spend all day standing outside...
    I've actually found I prefer being further back at gigs. It's easier to see, you're not being crushed and you can dance about which you can't do at the front.

When I was at Greenday I had to get pulled out because I was dying from being crushed and had stood in line for hours. Definitely not worth it!

ReputationRep:
    I saw suffocation and cephalic carnage there last night. Got there an hour after doors, and was on the front row for suffocation. Depends on the show though, maybe earlier for a sold out one. When I saw Anneke at the garage I was queuing up for 3 hours before doors so I'd be on the front, and then got off the barrier and went to the back soon as her set finished and pain of salvation were setting up, as she said she'd go to the merch stand to sign and sell stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottepenelope)

Woo you'll have an amazing time. I'm going to see Watsky that Wednesday, in Manchester - can't wait!!!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.