Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm so crap at reading signs. Recently I was introduced to this guy at work he gave me that look like he was checking me out and we said our hello's. On our next encounter I was reintroduced and left with him for a while. He was sooooo quiet most of the time (probably due to him being new). He kept glancing over at me intensely then when I went over to my colleague I turn around he's just looking at me. At one point we had our backs facing he was dealing with a customer and I turn around and he's looking at me again I went all shy and said sorry for some reason and he smiled. I actually felt awkward not in a bad way per say, I definetly felt a certain vibe from him. The weird thing is this guy smiles alot and I was smiling every time I noticed him looking, I usually give a dirty look self consciously and shy away when guys look at me.

I don't know what it is about this guy!! Am I wrong in thinking he may be attracted to me? Even yesterday when I saw him there was something in the air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The weird thing is this guy smiles alot and I was smiling every time I noticed him looking, I usually give a dirty look self consciously and shy away when guys look at me.

I don't know what it is about this guy!! Am I wrong in thinking he may be attracted to me? Even yesterday when I saw him there was something in the air.
    Giving him a dirty look as well as his shyness is probably putting him off from talking to you.

Why don't you initiate a conversation. If you work together, some common work-related theme.

(Original post by Post-grad)
    Giving him a dirty look as well as his shyness is probably putting him off from talking to you.

Why don't you initiate a conversation. If you work together, some common work-related theme.
    I didn't give him a dirty look lol. I said I usually do but with guy I was smiling back. I did Start a conversation at first he said so little, then the second time we spoke he talked more and started asking questions.

ReputationRep:
    Aw! This sounds promising. Let us know how it goes!

(Original post by booksnob)
    Aw! This sounds promising. Let us know how it goes!
    Lol I hope so!

Bump

ReputationRep:
    In order to bump it, we need fresh information Made any progress?

In order to bump it, we need fresh information Made any progress?
    Not much has happened. I saw him briefly today, he just did the staring thing and said barely anything. He seems incredibly shy, i was surprised that he actually said bye to me before he left. I don't know how to get anywhere with him. I barely see him as it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not much has happened. I saw him briefly today, he just did the staring thing and said barely anything. He seems incredibly shy, i was surprised that he actually said bye to me before he left. I don't know how to get anywhere with him. I barely see him as it is.
    Maybe ask him if he fancies a drink, if you're finishing at the same time?
    I don't really know what to say - so long as you're doing your bit, you can only hope he does the same.

I don't really know what to say - so long as you're doing your bit, you can only hope he does the same.

Yeah *sigh* thanks

This time around he was a bit different. We said our usual hello's then we had sometime alone. He spoke loads, I wasn't getting one word replies he was elaborating, asking questions. I made him laugh here and there, he said he was going on holiday so I asked if he could take me in his suitcase and I joked about him buying sandals when he said he was going shopping. He's definetly more relaxed and clearly not as shy as I initially thought. Won't see him for a while now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.