Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Soo, it's getting to that time where I need to start thinking abt starting to revise [ ]..According to everyone, Letts are the best out there for revision guides. But, is it worth it to go spend my money on these for subjects I really need help in, like Physics and Chem? Are they actually worth it?
    Any thoughts appreciated.

ps I'm doing GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelina*)
    Soo, it's getting to that time where I need to start thinking abt starting to revise [ ]..According to everyone, Letts are the best out there for revision guides. But, is it worth it to go spend my money on these for subjects I really need help in, like Physics and Chem? Are they actually worth it?

ps I'm doing GCSE
    i did and it helped me becuase it was more detailed and understandable at the time i dod think it cost alot but its well worth it cause i got A's and B's

ReputationRep:
    For GCSEs useing the syllabus and your own notes are the way to success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelina*)

ps I'm doing GCSE
    I wouldn't for GCSE....its all very straightfoward at that stage....maybe once you get to AS/A2 should...but just using your own notes and textbook...you should be able to do well

G

ReputationRep:
    I prefer own notes for a-level, the letts guides often don't relate to the requirements of your syllabus...but saying that, they do come in handy if theres a section you don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    Well I went out and bought the Physics and Chem one today..and if things don't go well I might have to head back to the store and get the Bio one..I'm determined for a B in Science! That may sound lame, but if it weren't for Physics I'd be aiming for an A..Damn waves and refraction. I'll never understand it

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.