The Student Room Group

Need help with my A-levels!

Ok so im picking my a levels in september and i was going to take business and economics, politics, psychology and ancient history and archaeology. I am fine about the first two but i was thinking whether psychology and ancient history and archaeology are subjects worthwhile taking in order to get into uni as although they look interesting they are seemingly viewed as doss subjects.i also realised that if i took these options i wouldnt have any 'facilitating subjects' that uni's look for.i'm not looking to go to a russell group like cambridge or oxford but i want to be able to get into a good uni to do some sort of business course, but i'm not sure if i need to rethink my options if i want to even be considered for a uni place.help!
you're taking 6 AS subjects? I wouldn't recommend doing that many unless you're uber clever xD, if your doing business as university then id probably go with the first 4, or changing psychology for something, maybe maths? . Most prefer more traditional subjects (English, maths, sciences, languages, history
Reply 2
Original post by jacksonmeg
you're taking 6 AS subjects? I wouldn't recommend doing that many unless you're uber clever xD, if your doing business as university then id probably go with the first 4, or changing psychology for something, maybe maths? . Most prefer more traditional subjects (English, maths, sciences, languages, history

oh right i thought it might be a bit unclear:
business and economics is 1 A level
and ancient history and archaeology is 1 A level too so im only taking 4
wish my college did archaeology, the most important thing is to choose subjects you enjoy, obviously business is essential, it's better to be motivated and do well in courses you like, than fail courses you hate
Reply 4
Cheers mate
Reply 5
I would suggest you change at least some of your options if you are aiming for a russel group, you need some solid A levels and may be one 'soft' a level. It's your choice but I would say something like change ancient history and archaeology to just history

Quick Reply

Latest