Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I decided to create a thread for those who are either applying to study languages, are already studying languages or have already studied languages at Heriot-Watt.

In my case, I have just firmed French/Spanish LINT as my course for September and can't wait to start it. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm due to start in September too! I'm doing French and Applied Language studies – still thinking about my second language, but I'm leaning towards Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonyshepherd)
    Hi, I'm due to start in September too! I'm doing French and Applied Language studies – still thinking about my second language, but I'm leaning towards Spanish.
    I would definitely recommend you to choose Spanish! It isn't too difficult to pick up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfergs)
    I would definitely recommend you to choose Spanish! It isn't too difficult to pick up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I'll look into it some more! I think the only alternative is German though, and I tried crashing that in sixth year only to give it up because I didn't have a clue what was going on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do French and Applied Language Studies too (with Spanish)! I can't wait! So excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy_govan)
    I'm going to do French and Applied Language Studies too (with Spanish)! I can't wait! So excited!
    Oh brilliant! Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too! I just checked, we start the course four months today, exciting stuff. Have you applied for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Oh brilliant! Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too! I just checked, we start the course four months today, exciting stuff. Have you applied for accommodation?
    Four months today?! Wow.. The months are flying in!! Feels like yesterday we were applying! Yeah, I applied when it first opened last month but haven't heard back yet! Getting worried but hopefully hear back soon! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Four months today?! Wow.. The months are flying in!! Feels like yesterday we were applying! Yeah, I applied when it first opened last month but haven't heard back yet! Getting worried but hopefully hear back soon! How about you?
    Yeah! Freshers is sooner though. Ah, same here. Still waiting to hear back. Hopefully we'll get some news soon. What halls did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Freshers is sooner though. Ah, same here. Still waiting to hear back. Hopefully we'll get some news soon. What halls did you apply to?
    Yaaaay! So excited Freshers will be amazing! Received an email not too long ago offering a room in Robert Bryson halls.. Looks like I'm moving to Edinburgh I wasn't too fussed as long as it had an en suite haha ! What ones did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    When is freshers?

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaay! So excited Freshers will be amazing! Received an email not too long ago offering a room in Robert Bryson halls.. Looks like I'm moving to Edinburgh I wasn't too fussed as long as it had an en suite haha ! What ones did you apply to?
    Aah, lucky you! I've still not heard anything back yet, hopefully in the next few days. I went for New Halls, mainly because I'm a tall guy so I kind of need the bigger bed, haha.

When is freshers?
    Errm, I think it's set to start on the 7th!

ReputationRep:
    So I decided to create a thread for those who are either applying to study languages, are already studying languages or have already studied languages at Heriot-Watt.

In my case, I have just firmed French/Spanish LINT as my course for September and can't wait to start it. :grin:
    Hey, I am doing Spanish and French LINT. There seem to be a lot of people doing languages at Heriot-Watt from what I read in the other thread. Can't wait to meet you all!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing French and Spanish LINT as well
    And i just got a room in Robert Bryson halls! Can't believe how soon it is til i'll be there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathrynness1234)
    And i just got a room in Robert Bryson halls! Can't believe how soon it is til i'll be there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yay, I'm glad I'm finding so many people doing the same course as me on here! Sadly it seems like I'm the only person staying at home

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh yay, I'm glad I'm finding so many people doing the same course as me on here! Sadly it seems like I'm the only person staying at home

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I didn't know anyone else doing it before Aaw! Are you from Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    I know, I didn't know anyone else doing it before Aaw! Are you from Edinburgh?
    I am indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least you won't be far away! I'm excited, but the thought of moving is kinda scaring me

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay! Did you get an unconditional offer then? There seem to be a lot of people who have already applied to accommodation! :O I thought we had to wait until August?
    ps. I know it's a little daunting for me to move too..especially since I'll be overseas! :O

ReputationRep:
    Just got told yesterday that I'm getting an unconditional :ahee: for either French & Applied Language or Language (Combined Studies). Although I'm not sure what I should choose. Since everyone on this thread seems to be some sort of language buff - any advice? Like how different are the two courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatzHunter95)
    Yay! Did you get an unconditional offer then? There seem to be a lot of people who have already applied to accommodation! :O I thought we had to wait until August?
    ps. I know it's a little daunting for me to move too..especially since I'll be overseas! :O

Yeah i did, did you? no, we could start applying in the middle of april! i think august might be the end date? (not sure though!) ooh, thats much worse than for me:O where are you moving from?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.