Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm posting here as I've noticed the Student Finance England forum isn't very active.

This year I received the following student finance (disregarding my tuition fee loan).

£3,458 maintenance loan
    £2,984 grant
    Total = £6,442

However, next year I'll only be receiving:

£3,043 maintenance loan
    £3,080 grant
    Total = £6,123

That's a drop of £319 for a reason I can't figure out. My household income back home is £0, therefore I receive the maximum loan and grant.

What's even more annoying is when I use the SFE calculator to figure out how much I would be earning if I started my course this year (again disregarding tuition fee loans as that's irrelevant), I'd get the following:

£3,823 maintenance Loan
    £3,354 grant
    Total = £7,177

So people with the same circumstances as me, but are starting there degree now instead of 2 years ago, are getting £1,054 more in support?

Gaaahhhhhh Anyone got any ideas about this?

ReputationRep:
    Is it your last year? Everyone gets less in the last year cos you are only financed to the end of your exams.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.