Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As the title says I failed an assignment 38% of a module. The assignment is 70% of the grade. I got around 65% in a exam that makes up 30%. If I leave this 'as is' and do not take a referral on the assignment is this a pass or a fail. Also if I did retake and still fail is the module 'pass' based on overall grades, or do both parts need to be passed?

ReputationRep:
    Unless your uni has very special circumstances not all assessments s within a module have to be passed. Judging by what you've said you have passed the module with 46%. That's fine. As long as you pass the module overall it's ok.

ReputationRep:
    I think most universities have a marginal pass system where I mark of 35-40% in a piece of work does not equal a fail if it is counterbalanced by a higher mark in other piece of work or if all other modules have higher marks, so in your case as said I'd have thought it would be a pass.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.