Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright guys the situation is the following:
    I'm currently in my first year of A levels doing: ICT, Physics and Maths.

For the January Exams I got an A in physics and C1 and a U in ICT (no revision yolo). Now I just did my M1 exam and oh my god. If I get 50% I should be happy. I do not know what happened, I was prepared for it but the questions were tricky and my brain switched of. Anyway, enough gibberish.

Knowing that even if I blitz C2 won't get me an A I put myself in quite the predicament.What I wanted to know if any of you would be kind to help was if I end up with a B would I still be able to get into Uni for Mechanical Engineering? Obviously Planning to retake M1 next year. :|

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to check the entry requirements and see if they require an A grade. If they do then you should be considered as long as you are predicted an A, doing resits and then go on to get an A next summer.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they require an A at As

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incomprehensible)
    Alright guys the situation is the following:
    I'm currently in my first year of A levels doing: ICT, Physics and Maths.

For the January Exams I got an A in physics and C1 and a U in ICT (no revision yolo). Now I just did my M1 exam and oh my god. If I get 50% I should be happy. I do not know what happened, I was prepared for it but the questions were tricky and my brain switched of. Anyway, enough gibberish.

Knowing that even if I blitz C2 won't get me an A I put myself in quite the predicament.What I wanted to know if any of you would be kind to help was if I end up with a B would I still be able to get into Uni for Mechanical Engineering? Obviously Planning to retake M1 next year. :|

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Don't assume that you've done terribly in M1, you never know how well you've really done.

In my C3 exam in January the same thing happened to me and I was so sure that I'd messed it up and ended up getting an A in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vip3rgt9)
    Don't assume that you've done terribly in M1, you never know how well you've really done.

In my C3 exam in January the same thing happened to me and I was so sure that I'd messed it up and ended up getting an A in it.

Oh but I do know. Believe me. I messed M1 up really bad to the point where I think I barely passed it (E). I don't understand though, I was getting close to full marks in all past papers. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incomprehensible)
    Oh but I do know. Believe me. I messed M1 up really bad to the point where I think I barely passed it (E). I don't understand though, I was getting close to full marks in all past papers. :|
    I thought this too. How many questions on the paper did you actually answer though?

ReputationRep:
    First 2 were easy, after that I'm not sure of any of them. I know I did the moments one but did a silly mistake and lost all of it, vectors I've done correctly. But the tension up the plane and the pulley question lost all marks :|, So I lost 3 questions COMPLETELY. |: I can't comprehend that, I don't know what happened to me in that exam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.