Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of nervous already about uni, and most people say that there is ragging in uni with first year students :confused: so does anyone know if there is any or is just rumours?
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    I think this is just rumours i will be going into my first year in september too

(Original post by uqureshi)
    I'm kind of nervous already about uni, and most people say that there is ragging in uni with first year students :confused: so does anyone know if there is any or is just rumours?
    Thankyou
    What's ragging?

ReputationRep:
    This isn't Sri Lanka. I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizzee_Ragdoll)
    What's ragging?
    It's like bullying, the senior students playing pranks on the first year students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Tizzy XII)
    This isn't Sri Lanka. I doubt it.
    Well, to be honest a lot of people have said there is a bit here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uqureshi)
    Thankyou
    What's ragging. I used to attend UCLAN. Very nice, you'll enjoy yourself. I used to stay in IQ KOPA. A lot of the other halls were really crappy though.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did hear that in the night during Freshers week the third years on your course will sneak into your halls wearing black cloaks and burst into your rooms, shove a bag over your head and march you into the forecourt where you receive an inaugural paddling and other forms of initiation-style torture-lite.

(I'm joking, nobody plays pranks on the first years, you'll be fine, it's not an American frat movie)

ReputationRep:
    Nah, this is like what happens in Secondary school to Year 7's....i doubt it will happen in Uni apart from flats playing pranks on eachother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica_T)
    Well, I did hear that in the night during Freshers week the third years on your course will sneak into your halls wearing black cloaks and burst into your rooms, shove a bag over your head and march you into the forecourt where you receive an inaugural paddling and other forms of initiation-style torture-lite.

(I'm joking, nobody plays pranks on the first years, you'll be fine, it's not an American frat movie)
    Lol I actually thought that it happens in uni
    Thanks lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    What's ragging. I used to attend UCLAN. Very nice, you'll enjoy yourself. I used to stay in IQ KOPA. A lot of the other halls were really crappy though.
    Oh ok, thankyou
    Do you know how Withendale Hall is?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.