The Student Room Group

Hellllpppp!! Tort law

Hey peoples i am currently trying to get my head around this question. If anyone could give me some guidance on the following scenario that'd be great!:biggrin::wink:

Acme Mining Corporation own and operate a coal mine on the outskirts of Silverdale, a large industrial town. Quentin, Rabina and Steve live nearby and have recently experienced a number of problems related to Acme’s mine.

Vibrations from machinery used at the plant have caused severe damage to the brickwork and foundations of Quentin’s house. Coal dust from the mine has also caused damage to any washing which Quentin hangs out to dry.

Rabina lives on the main approach road to the mine and is unable to sleep at night due to the arrival and departure of up to 40 lorries between midnight and 4 a.m. each night. Rabina runs a taxi during the day and she often finds that she cannot get her taxi out of her drive because it is blocked by parked lorries belonging to Acme Mining Corporation.

Steve’s house has a large cellar. Unfortunately water from a burst pipe in one of Acme’s mines has caused considerable flooding in Steve’s cellar. Steve also complains that the use of controlled explosives at the mine is affecting the meditation classes he runs from his house. The mine undertakes one controlled explosion every two months.

Advise Quentin, Rabina and Steve as to their remedies in tort.
Hah what a scenario eh! I would help you but I'm just an AS student so anything I know is too basic or even wrong for undergrad.
Reply 2
I'm focusing on vicarious liability, product liability and so on for my exam but - having glimpsed at it a few weeks ago - this is definitely nuisance focused. If you're using a textbook, nuisance would be an ideal place to start. Then go back to your nuisance lecture slides.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending