Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arsey's Edexcel C1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS Watch

Here are my solutions to the Core 1 paper. Reasonably straight forward paper I thought.

I think it will be about 62-63 for an A.

I have also uploaded my solutions to the international paper which I thought was quite a bit harder. However I made 2 errors

(Original post by kenjina)
    I think you've made two mistakes:

On question 6D, the value of x2 is 1-k=1-1.5=-0.5

So, x1+x2=1-0.5=0.5

50*0.5=25, which I think is the right answer and not 75.

On question 8C, the final range should be 2.8<x<3, not 0<x<3. I made that same mistake during the exam
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 13 May C1 Model red.pdf (592.7 KB, 59251 views)
  2. File Type: pdf 13 May C1 International Model red.pdf (496.2 KB, 14267 views)

ReputationRep:
    You reckon boundaries will be higher this year?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Arsey sorry to bother you on the C1 thread but any idea when M1 unofficial markscheme will be going up, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions to the Core 1 paper. Reasonably straight forward paper I thought.
    I officially love u mate.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think I dropped one mark each on 5b and 6b. Not sure how x > -1/3 though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Take that back actually

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd give myself 62+ any method marks, it was ridiculous, my mind just went blank /:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Thank you very much for uploading this mark scheme.

I have one little question, in Q7 i made a silly mistake, and made 21/2 simplify to 11.5 (instead of 10.5), so i ended up with S21=9200 (instead of 8400), but i did the next part correctly and got 18600. Then i added the two giving me 27800 instead of 27000. How many marks do you think i will lose for this out of 5? will is get any ECF marks?

ReputationRep:
    For the phone question I used N as 24 but used the right method in part B how many would I gain out of 7 on that question? Also for the co-ordinates of intersection of L1 and L2 I only got 1 co-ordinate correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do people reckon grade boundaries are?

ReputationRep:
    Well it went ok, I think I only dropped 5/6 marks depending on what marks are dropped for.

ReputationRep:
    How did people find it compared to past papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzachjoy)
    What do people reckon grade boundaries are?

70% might be an A...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    For question 6b, did we have to solve the silmutaneous equations by elimination? I did it by substitution and ended up with the same answer, I didn't really consider any other methods since I was a bit stressed I only had about 5 lines to do the working out for part a and b

ReputationRep:
    On the arithmetic sequence question I got the first part right and got 4800 for 21 terms, but stupidly wrote 600x31=1800 and hence ended up with 10800 as the total. How many marks would I lose on this question? Got everything else right though Just really wanted 100 UMS for once.

ReputationRep:
    This was a relief! Thank you for putting these up! I think I've just lost marks due to silly mistakes. Ahh. It was a nice paper.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I think it may be around 62 for an A? Was a pretty nice paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    100 % another walk in the park

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Thank you very much for uploading this mark scheme.

I have one little question, in Q7 i made a silly mistake, and made 21/2 simplify to 11.5 (instead of 10.5), so i ended up with S21=9200 (instead of 8400), but i did the next part correctly and got 18600. Then i added the two giving me 27800 instead of 27000. How many marks do you think i will lose for this out of 5? will is get any ECF marks?
    How the hell did we manage to do the same thing?! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -bethan-)
    How the hell did we manage to do the same thing?! :lol:
    yh it was such a silly mistake. I matched all of Arsey's other answers, so this might have cost me the 100UMS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.