The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel M1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by tiny hobbit
23rd July

and where is this based on??
In Jan it was released the day before we know our exam result.
Reply 381
Original post by Titus20
what exam board? ocr physics in jan was a great exam

edexcel
Original post by mikeabc
and where is this based on??
In Jan it was released the day before we know our exam result.

An email from the man at Edexcel Maths:

"To save you asking (and me having to answer), mark schemes for all papers will be made available on Tuesday, 23 July 2013 and results for GCE examinations will be released on Thursday, 15 August 2013"

In January they were on the Edexcel website on 25th February.

The grade boundaries don't come out until the day before the results.
I tries to downloadthe m1 paper and it came up in weird code. Can you relink i or someone copy and paste it please
Reply 384
Have we got estimated grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
arsey will you be posting s1 answers up at 12?
Original post by Titus20
arsey will you be posting s1 answers up at 12?

someone now post s1 edexcel solutions?
Reply 387
Original post by outsider95
For a genuine misread deduct ONLY one mark. If you misread you lose the first answer mark but all other Answer marks are considered follow through (this only applies if you read the number in a question wrong, if you do something in the method wrong youll still lose most of it)

It wasn't a genuine misread though. For example, the question about rough inclined plane. Instead of 30 and alpha degrees, I considered both alpha by a mistake..
Would I get 0/8?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sat M1 in January but by looking at this paper and the reactions of some friends it does look harder i must say. It was 64 for an A in Jan but reckon this paper will be more around 60.
Original post by wndms
It wasn't a genuine misread though. For example, the question about rough inclined plane. Instead of 30 and alpha degrees, I considered both alpha by a mistake..
Would I get 0/8?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll probably get most of the method marks if you did it in the right way
Reply 390
Original post by trentjoseph007
Thanks for the reply! And hope u did good as well.

EDIT; i like all the maths modules .. but i tend to make errors in exam .... even if it is a really easy paper (in this case i would say easy paper .. standard) .. I just don't know how to avoid it.

Spend time going through every single question bit by bit again. Not just browsing through, do a real review and you'll find lots of mistakes which after easily fixing, you'll get the grade you deserved.
Reply 391
Guys please respond to this if I got everything correct except the moment question and in that I wrote everything and all the steps but the answers are wrong will I be able to get 86ums or even an A
Original post by Mohdimad
Guys please respond to this if I got everything correct except the moment question and in that I wrote everything and all the steps but the answers are wrong will I be able to get 86ums or even an A

If you're certain you got everything else right then you'll probably lose out on 3-4 marks max so yeah around 90ums or maybe even 100 if it's low boundaries.
Reply 393
Thanks for your reply I hope so
Reply 394
This paper is going to be the reason I don't get an A in Maths. And because of this I won't get into a good uni. Because of this I'll be doing a mediocre job. Because of this my standard of living will go down. Because of this I will die lonely.

M1=Loneliness. Proven.
Reply 395
Original post by Loiks94
Exactly what I did, If they do allow ecf/ft marks then it should be about 8 marks lost. You will get all m1 but no A1 marks I think.

Thanks buddy, in the exam, it seemed like 8 marks was around what i was gonna lose.
Reply 396
I think 61-58 will be for an A(80 ums) because according to all of the threads that i read on xtreme papers and here most found it difficult but there is always exceptions and taking arsey opinion in consideration I think it is between that range
Reply 397
Original post by NabRoh
This paper is going to be the reason I don't get an A in Maths. And because of this I won't get into a good uni. Because of this I'll be doing a mediocre job. Because of this my standard of living will go down. Because of this I will die lonely.

M1=Loneliness. Proven.

Really in the exact same position as you! :frown:
My only hope is that C3 and C4 go really amazing... otherwise, goodbye King's College.
Reply 398
Original post by KalSA
Really in the exact same position as you! :frown:
My only hope is that C3 and C4 go really amazing... otherwise, goodbye King's College.

They will go really amazing, just focus on that. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 399
Original post by NabRoh
They will go really amazing, just focus on that. :smile:

Thank you! :smile: Same to you... if you are doing them haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending