The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel M1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by the A* guy
Thank You very much for this, you have truly helped a lot of people. If it is not too much to ask, and if you have access to them, could you also post the maths examiners reports here, if it is not too much to ask.

Thank You. :biggrin:

They're released on the 20th August

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adi19956
They're released on the 20th August

Posted from TSR Mobile

even for A level?
Reply 462
Original post by the A* guy
even for A level?

"Examiner reports are available from 20 August for A level, AEA, Principal Learning level 3 and Extended Project, from 22 August for DiDA and ELC, and from 28 August for GCSE and other qualifications." - Edexcel

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/teacher/Pages/pastpapers.aspx
Reply 463
Original post by Liquid Gold.
Dude :console:

Looll
Reply 464
What is the first A1 mark for in the moments question(M1 edexcel UK)?
Original post by Mohdimad
What is the first A1 mark for in the moments question(M1 edexcel UK)?

A fully correct moments equation about P. You can get the M mark if you have a wrong distance or mass in your equation.
Reply 466
What about the first A1 I really don't get what you just said so sorry?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 467
They did not state it in the description part
Original post by Mohdimad
They did not state it in the description part

They spell out exactly what you have to do to get the method marks, then the A marks are for doing it correctly, with no errors. That's why they don't need to spell out what has to be done for the A marks as much.
Reply 469
Original post by tiny hobbit
They spell out exactly what you have to do to get the method marks, then the A marks are for doing it correctly, with no errors. That's why they don't need to spell out what has to be done for the A marks as much.

As a teacher do you think I'd receive any marks on suvat for putting t=t+10 and then attempting to use suvat to find out this time (came out 100 seconds) and then using this time for the acceleration part :colondollar:. your honesty is appreciated
Original post by Robbie242
As a teacher do you think I'd receive any marks on suvat for putting t=t+10 and then attempting to use suvat to find out this time (came out 100 seconds) and then using this time for the acceleration part :colondollar:. your honesty is appreciated

From what you've said, I don't think you'll get anything for part c, since you can't use suvat for all of the car's journey and you don't have enough information to use it for the motorbike.
You will probably pick up the method mark in part d.
Reply 471
Original post by tiny hobbit
From what you've said, I don't think you'll get anything for part c, since you can't use suvat for all of the car's journey and you don't have enough information to use it for the motorbike.
You will probably pick up the method mark in part d.

yay at least I got something from it lol, that question sapped most of my marks away
Reply 472
Original post by Robbie242
ikr but really how can you fit ALL the papers in when you have like 8 exams? Of course it was my mistake

Best technique is to look at lots and lots of past papers, but only do questions that you don't feel confident about. Doing lots of questions that you are sure you know how to do is just using up your time. Skipping over them to look at more questions gives you a better idea of the range of questions that might be asked on the syllabus.
Reply 473
Original post by MAD Phil
Best technique is to look at lots and lots of past papers, but only do questions that you don't feel confident about. Doing lots of questions that you are sure you know how to do is just using up your time. Skipping over them to look at more questions gives you a better idea of the range of questions that might be asked on the syllabus.

I am definitely guilty of this, thanks for the advice MAD phil
Reply 474
Original post by Arsey
Looking at past papers when you have access to mark schemes, model answers and not in the pressure of an actual exam is completely different.

This paper was not in the same league as Jan 09. If you had taken the Jan 09 paper yesterday and had never seen it before, the markers would be marking your tears of pain.

Q1 - easy, standard momentum

Q2 - easy, but could cause confusion

Q3 - standard, not easy but should be okay if you had hammered the past papers

Q4 - very easy kinematics

Q5 - fairly easy speed time graph, the 10 seconds later may have caused problems though

Q6 - hard

Q7 - very easy vectors

Q8 - very easy connected particles. The last bit doesn't get asked too often but it is easy.

If this paper is below 60/75 for 80ums I will be absolutely amazed!!!

You must be absolutely amazed right now then Arsey, huh..
Reply 475
I thought it was a really hard paper, but I wasn't expecting below 58 for an A. M1 boundaries were a real treat! Although I can't say much for C1 and C2 boundaries, they weren't awful, but good isn't a word I'd use to describe them
Reply 476
Original post by Titus20
You must be absolutely amazed right now then Arsey, huh..

indeed, in fairness i was very close with the other modules.
Reply 477
Original post by Arsey

Do your students know that you are the real slim shady.... I mean .... Arsey:tongue:?
Reply 478
Original post by Arsey

Yes I was impressed with your C3 and C4 especially. Thanks for the help this summer Arsey
Reply 479
What did ppl get in m1 out of curiousity and how many ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending