Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to reduce risk of alcohol poisoning? Watch

ReputationRep:
    At the end of every year it's tradition for my friends and I to do pub golf. Last year it was 9 holes, this year it's 10. I'm quite a small person and last year I had a pretty dreadful hangover that lasted 1-2 days. I don't have to do it, but that's not really an option in my eyes; I want to do it, but I also want to do everything I can to make sure I live through it.

Last year I lined my stomach with oil and milk, which I'll do again this year. What else can I do, either beforehand, during, or after, to reduce the risk of me seriously harming myself? Not doing it isn't an option I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertWhite)
    At the end of every year it's tradition for my friends and I to do pub golf. Last year it was 9 holes, this year it's 10. I'm quite a small person and last year I had a pretty dreadful hangover that lasted 1-2 days. I don't have to do it, but that's not really an option in my eyes; I want to do it, but I also want to do everything I can to make sure I live through it.

Last year I lined my stomach with oil and milk, which I'll do again this year. What else can I do, either beforehand, during, or after, to reduce the risk of me seriously harming myself? Not doing it isn't an option I'm afraid!
    Wow sounds pretty boozy :P
    Ermm well I think the one I would suggest is pacing and water or a non alcholic drink inbetween every few boozy ones?

ReputationRep:
    there's this Colombian soup that you can drink when you have a hangover its called "changua"
    is an easy recipe so you can make it, let it cool and when you wake up from your hangover- heat it up and drink it, i don't know if you'll like it but it helps, i hope the link opens up, if not just search for in google recipe for changua

http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/ch...orriander-soup

ReputationRep:
    a tactical here and there is always an option...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    a tactical here and there is always an option...
    I refuse to stick my finger down my throat haha
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Make sure you're not drinking on an empty stomach.

ReputationRep:
    the easiest thing to reduce the risk of alcohol poisoning is not to drink.

but seriously: eat chicken soup before that.

ReputationRep:
    Quick tip. Order a gin and tonic, hold the gin. Looks like booze, just carbonated water. Friends think I can drink so much. I'm really a massive lightweight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Eat a carb-heavy meal before you start drinking, and drink a massive glass of water before you go to sleep after the night out. I do it all the time and I barely get hangovers at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertWhite)
    I refuse to stick my finger down my throat haha
    everyone says that the first time lol

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot guys really good answers here.

The first three holes are pint, pint (4 shots with), pint (3 shots with).

What kind of carb heavy meal do you suggest? Someone mentioned chicken soup which doesn't seem particularly carby. But as my first holes are all pints, can I take such a heavy meal and all that volume? Considering I'm a small guy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.