The Student Room Group

POST-MORTEM: AQA Additional Science Biology B2 (May 2013)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dannywelbeck123
You'd like that wouldn't you.:angry:

You'd like my grade wouldn't you
Reply 61
didn't talk about bile!! :angry: think i could still get 3/4 marks?!? :frown:
Reply 62
Original post by dannywelbeck123
You'd like that wouldn't you.:angry:

Call an ambulance, quick - NOW! because there are gonna be some third degree burns
Reply 63
It was 42/60 for an A* for the same exam last year.

Let's hope it stays that way.
Reply 64
Original post by Pistol 33
What did you lot put for the Hexa question, on why the boy didn't get the disorder?

I said his inherited a normal allele for synthesis of HEXA from his mum cos it's sexual reproduction... and the normal allele is dominant
Original post by Funky Fish
Did anyone also find the invigilators bad?? Mine were constantly talking and breathing loudly, I was getting so distracted!!

mine didn't have a clue what he was doing walked in walked out 5 seconds later and sat in the office drinking tea
Reply 66
Original post by hs.wong96
I said his inherited a normal allele for synthesis of HEXA from his mum cos it's sexual reproduction... and the normal allele is dominant

Basically, the allele he had inherited from his dad was recessive, and was masked by the dominant allele inherited from his mum. Therefore he did not get the condition.
Original post by techno-thriller
mine didn't have a clue what he was doing walked in walked out 5 seconds later and sat in the office drinking tea

:eek: oh god really??!! ARGGHH they annoy me so much!!
Let's talk grade boundaries, I think:
A* - 45
A - 36
B - 24
I think they might be lower.... maybe 70%?? A*
Reply 70
I'm thinking higher as in my opinion it was easier than the paper last year. In the range of 45 A*
Reply 71
What did you put for the isomerase beaded question and the last 2 questions?
I put
They can be reused
and it's a constant reaction....
Original post by Hgat
Call an ambulance, quick - NOW! because there are gonna be some third degree burns

Ahhhhahaaa , no.
Reply 74
I put
They can be reused

Exactly what I said
Reply 75
I put
They can be reused

wow. I was so confused on that one. I wrote:

1. They can control the amount of glucose using the valve. This controls the amount of fructose produced (total bs)
2. The costs of powering a mixer are reduced and less fuel is used to power so it is more economically and environmentally sustainable.

ugh, I hated this paper.
Reply 76
A* was 48 in January
Original post by HJT513
What did you put for the isomerase beaded question and the last 2 questions?

I put if they used a large container the balance between isomerase and glucose would not be correct (THE PROPORTION) and every drop of glucose gets the mixed with the right amount of isomersse I just guessed it
Original post by CathRM26
I put 46 as well. I got a damn migraine in the exam so completely screwed up the Question 8. What did you guys put for the last two questions on the paper. The one where it asked what suggests the species are ancestors and then the other about why the offspring could not reproduce?

not sure if i was right, gbut i said that the offspring was a hybrid..
Reply 79
Original post by CathRM26
wow. I was so confused on that one. I wrote:

1. They can control the amount of glucose using the valve. This controls the amount of fructose produced (total bs)
2. The costs of powering a mixer are reduced and less fuel is used to power so it is more economically and environmentally sustainable.

ugh, I hated this paper.

hahaa:biggrin: i put your exact same first point in a mad panic to write anything :') but my second point was that the beads would have a larger surface area (absolute bs!) for the isomerase to work on! ohhh dear :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending