The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep, I'm doing this exam, shouldn't be too bad. Just memorising about 5 or 6 religious teachings from each topic and that's about it, the rest is common sense...
Reply 2
How did you do in the mock (if you did one) and how are you structuring your answers, i am still struggling to understand the concept.
Reply 3
We did a mock, and I only dropped one mark! I got 99% Idk why I just find it really easy. In terms of structure for the six markers I usually go one point, counter point, 2 religious teaching and conclusion.
Reply 4
Wow 99% i got 75% :frown: have you got any example questions that you may have done for homework's it might help.
Reply 5
Original post by sakbo
Yep, I'm doing this exam, shouldn't be too bad. Just memorising about 5 or 6 religious teachings from each topic and that's about it, the rest is common sense...

What teachings are you learning?
Reply 6
Original post by Quantaˌ
What teachings are you learning?

Islam and Christianity. Trying to find some that can apply to more than one so I have less to remember.
Reply 7
Original post by sakbo
Islam and Christianity. Trying to find some that can apply to more than one so I have less to remember.

How many religions should you do? And once you've got some, would you mind posting them? That way you can help some others that have this exam...
Reply 8
Original post by sakbo

Buddhism is the easiest to remember, because its teachings applies to almost all topics.
which topics are you doing?: )
Reply 10
Original post by you-only-live-once
which topics are you doing?: )

Animal rights, Prejudice, Environment, Abortion, War and Peace. 1 is backup.
Original post by dathtom
Animal rights, Prejudice, Environment, Abortion, War and Peace. 1 is backup.

woaah you have a backup? i'm doing animals, environment, abortion and war.
Reply 12
woaah you have a backup? i'm doing animals, environment, abortion and war.

Just in case you get a really hard question. Honestly I haven't revised at all.
Original post by dathtom
Just in case you get a really hard question. Honestly I haven't revised at all.

i found environment the hardest. I didn't do much too, good luck!
Reply 14
Well that was Ok I guess. Too many bloody 5 markers though.
Original post by dathtom
Well that was Ok I guess. Too many bloody 5 markers though.

i know! how can you explain Just War for 5 marks?
Reply 16
i know! how can you explain Just War for 5 marks?

Just list the conditions. That's what bid did anyway.
Reply 17
Original post by dathtom
Just list the conditions. That's what bid did anyway.

I just listed 3 conditions and then explained them...

How did everyone else find it?
I missed the three mark ones (case studies for prejudice, war etc.) because I had revised them and no-one else seemed to. I found the environment 6 mark one quite hard, but the war and peace topic was good. The 5 markers were pretty annoying though :/ Do you think the other units (I'm doing Unit 3 on Tuesday) will have the same format? (2 x 2 marks, 3 marks, 5 marks and 6 marks)?
Reply 19
Can anyone post all of the questions that were in the exam if anyone remembers? it'd be VERY helpful

Latest

Trending

Trending