Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am rather curious, why does everyone like Aber so much?
    What makes it such a desirable place to be?

For me, it's gotta be the feel of the town, it's just so cosy and nice and I wish I could live there now! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PureR)
    I am rather curious, why does everyone like Aber so much?
    What makes it such a desirable place to be?

For me, it's gotta be the feel of the town, it's just so cosy and nice and I wish I could live there now! ^_^
    My boyfriend is coming towards the end of his first year there now and he likes the feel of it too!
    I like going down there cause it is nice to be near the sea (I live in North Wales so for me it is like going home from home )
    I also like the student feel around the place when I go down there and I LOVE Baravin on the seafront. Me and my boyfriend go out for a meal there pretty much everytime I go down to visit
    Is it your firm choice then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla)
    My boyfriend is coming towards the end of his first year there now and he likes the feel of it too!
    I like going down there cause it is nice to be near the sea (I live in North Wales so for me it is like going home from home )
    I also like the student feel around the place when I go down there and I LOVE Baravin on the seafront. Me and my boyfriend go out for a meal there pretty much everytime I go down to visit
    Is it your firm choice then?
    Yup! I got an unconditional too.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of students here love the place. Personally I think that because it is such a small town it has a tight knit feel to it and it feels very studenty well retaining its welsh sea side identity. However after the honeymoon period the town can get very depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PureR)
    Yup! I got an unconditional too.
    Awh well done
    Hope you enjoy it there!

ReputationRep:
    Aber is alright

As someone else said, it does feel quite close and cosy, you'll see the same people out and about, nothing is ever more than a short taxi/bus ride away and it is very much a student town. Plus the societies are pretty good and the drink is cheap!

Personally, it's all a bit too cosy for me, I'd prefer a bit of city bustle but hey, I certainly don't hate it here.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.