The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when we start applying for halls? Or am I getting way ahead of myself in my excitement? :colondollar:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 401
I think it's like April/May time :/ I want to do it all now! :L
Original post by Kazzyv
Do you know what time you need to get there for ? I will be coming up from London.

Absolutely no idea as I haven't received any information about an applicant day, sorry!
Original post by Nadindins
I think it's like April/May time :/ I want to do it all now! :L

Same here! Now that I have an offer I just want to be there already
Reply 404
I called up and after Easter, they will send you a password you can use to log on a pick your top 5 :smile: x
Reply 405
Has anybody here got an offer for Law?X
Original post by Carla.22
Has anybody here got an offer for Law?X

Check in here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/455140441275535/ There are a couple of people for law I think.
Reply 407
Original post by Barnus
Check in here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/455140441275535/ There are a couple of people for law I think.

Thank you!
Original post by RoundTrip
I was thinking of taking my car down and living in halls. There is unrestricted parking outside of Paul Kent and nearby to Crescent. I know this isn't "allowed" but do you know of anyone that has taken a car and lived in halls?

I don't know anyone who's successfully done so, no. I know a girl who tried to but was careless, got caught, and heavily fined. She took it home after that. By all means give it a go, but I'd strongly recommend against it.
Original post by lindars
Oh wow! Congratulations! Have you firmed them? I can't wait to apply for accommodation and stuff!

Have you taken your skill tests?

Just got to do the skills test and then I will firm it! Hopefully that goes well also!
Reply 410
Original post by Heather0502
Just got to do the skills test and then I will firm it! Hopefully that goes well also!

Awesome! What course have you done/are currently on? Thanks. I've just done student finance but waiting to hear back from them, I've heard they are a nightmare when applying for the first time!
Reply 411
Hi everyone!!I have applied for the MA in Publishing and I have a phone interview soon...I am freaking out and worried about it so any tips or ideas of what they might ask would be extremely helpful. I am Greek so English is not my mother language...Combine that with all the stress I am feeling and you will have an idea of how terrified I am about the interview..any help would be much appreciated
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 412
Original post by Olga1988
Hi everyone!!I have applied for the MA in Publishing and I have a phone interview soon...I am freaking out and worried about it so any tips or ideas of what they migh ask would be extremely helpful. I am Greek so English is not my mother language...Combine that with all the stress I am feeling and you will have an idea of how terrified I am about the interview..any help would be much appreciated

I'm not sure about MA Publishing but my interview for undergraduate Publishing was quite relaxed and the staff were very friendly, but, as I say, this was for the undergraduate course so I'm not sure if the interview process will differ :/
Reply 413
I'm not sure about MA Publishing but my interview for undergraduate Publishing was quite relaxed and the staff were very friendly, but, as I say, this was for the undergraduate course so I'm not sure if the interview process will differ :/

in they email they sent me it was mentioned that it's going to be a 30 minute interview..was your interview that long too??
I really hope that my interview is going to be as relaxed as yours...I have prepared for a few questions I think they might ask and I have learned my personal statement by heart but I don't know what else I could do besides that..
The thing is that when I get nervous both in greek and english my tongue doesn't seem to be able to cooperate with my brain so I mispronounce words sometimes :colondollar::colondollar: It's not too bad and usually people can't tell but...
Reply 414
in they email they sent me it was mentioned that it's going to be a 30 minute interview..was your interview that long too??
I really hope that my interview is going to be as relaxed as yours...I have prepared for a few questions I think they might ask and I have learned my personal statement by heart but I don't know what else I could do besides that..
The thing is that when I get nervous both in greek and english my tongue doesn't seem to be able to cooperate with my brain so I mispronounce words sometimes :colondollar::colondollar: It's not too bad and usually people can't tell but...

Yeah mine probably lasted about that long and I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure they'll be expecting everybody to be nervous! As soon as I walked in my interviewer said I looked nervous and I was like "..do I?" D: but yeah she was really nice. I got asked some questions about my opinion of Amazon and the decline of the print industry but other than that it was mostly questions about myself
Reply 415
Yeah mine probably lasted about that long and I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure they'll be expecting everybody to be nervous! As soon as I walked in my interviewer said I looked nervous and I was like "..do I?" D: but yeah she was really nice. I got asked some questions about my opinion of Amazon and the decline of the print industry but other than that it was mostly questions about myself

it does sound relaxed and friendly:smile: well, I think I can deal with that :smile: did you get an offer?and how soon did you hear from the uni after the interview?
I also have an offer from Kingston but I really want to go to Oxford Brookes..I am still waiting to hear from other 3 universities( Central Lancashire,Plymouth, Stirling )...
Reply 416
Yeah I have an offer and Brookes is down as my Firm :biggrin: My interview was on a Wednesday and I heard from them by the Tuesday so just under a week :smile:
Reply 417
Yeah I have an offer and Brookes is down as my Firm :biggrin: My interview was on a Wednesday and I heard from them by the Tuesday so just under a week :smile:

congrats!!!:smile: So, hopefully I won't have to wait for too long to hear from them after the interview:smile:
Reply 418
congrats!!!:smile: So, hopefully I won't have to wait for too long to hear from them after the interview:smile:

Thanks! and hopefully! :smile:
Reply 419
Oh and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending