Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did you all find the B2 exam. Personally the first question was easy then it just went downhill, with it becoming hard towards the end.

ReputationRep:
    There's already a thread for this..

ReputationRep:
    hated this exam, what adv and disadv was there of using the ventillator over iron lung?

ReputationRep:
    I said adv allows you to not be restricted movement like iron and also disadv put the tube damages trachea..changed it though sadly to something else lol

ReputationRep:
    I did the unit 3 exam today - it didn't go as well as I wanted it to! I couldn't label the heart, say why the composition was different in the blood for the lung picture, do the math question, struggled with the iron lung question and got confused with the glucose stuff! But I did like the 6 mark question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To all that did b3 what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    For unit 3 - the question where you had to label the blood vessels and the following question, does anyone remember the amount of marks given for each question ?

ReputationRep:
    I did Unit 2, the additional one. Thought it was alright actually, much easier than what I thought!

I'm weaker on the cells and their functions, and luckily for me there was only one easy question on them ;o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holzt)
    For unit 3 - the question where you had to label the blood vessels and the following question, does anyone remember the amount of marks given for each question ?
    I believe it was 3 for the first one where you had to label the vessels, 1 mark for the clogged artery question and then 2 marks for explaining how you fix a clogged artery

ReputationRep:
    But i swear there was a question after the first one asking about the blood containing different substances in the blood vessels - how much was that one ? and would i get any follow through marks if i had labeled vein and artery the wrong way around but then answered the second question correctly but with the names flipped

ReputationRep:
    I did B3 worst exam ever so unclear nothing like specimen paper. I really hope the grade boundaries are low as that exam was crazy all that could be heard from my exam after was 'tadpoles' lol The 6 mark question was pretty straight forward but I feel like I only got 5 marks or something...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, how did everyone find the b2 and b3 exam? B2 was okay the six marker was really easy you just had to talk about the enzyme lipase and the fatty acids and glycerol. Did anyone on the b3 exam get what the structure x was on the tadpole question? I wrote about the exchange surface like how it has thin walls and large surface, hopefullyits right

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite ok with the B3 from today.
    The 6 mark (Foundation) one at the end was what we had revised just before the exam (and i don't think we ever did that bit in lesson as our teacher actually missed some of the course out- Thank goodness there were no questions on any of it!!).
    I think i messed up a bit on the heart labeling, i think i got the ventricle and atrium the right way round but wasn't too sure with the labels at the top but think i got the right 2 possibly in the right way. Anyone know what the right answers were?

ReputationRep:
    yeah I said something similar with large surface area but I also said the active uptake of nutrients which isn't right as it was freshwater but I also said diffusion of waste products due to it being freshwater and I said it takes oxygen from the water to survive for the one mark q

ReputationRep:
    Right atrium,left venticle, vena cava(to left of paper), aorta(upper)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PureDetermination)
    Right atrium,left venticle, vena cava(to left of paper), aorta(upper)
    I don't remember there being a Vena Cava in the diagram. It was artery or vein wasn't it? (Foundation paper)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the answers/s to the first tadpole question, where it said what substance is exchanged with water apart from food??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the B3 exam AQA was definately what i was hoping for! Was Revising the night before extensively on Kidneys and Global warming/ Biofuels as i thought this might come up and instead TADPOLES! Really strange, hope the grade boundaries are low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banana12)
    Does anyone know the answers/s to the first tadpole question, where it said what substance is exchanged with water apart from food??
    Looked it up on google and i think it said that it was called the "elbow" of the tadpole but i think they might concentrate whether you said how it was developed to help survival e.g. large surface area for quicker exchange for growth. Would be really harsh if they expected you to know the ins and outs of a tadpole!!

ReputationRep:
    Can't even remember half the paper!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.