Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I am due to start fast track A level chemistry and biology in September after completing my BTEC in Animal Management and Science in June, but I am considering doing A level Spanish too.
    So my question is, how many exams are there? Is it difficult? Is it doable in a year, in addition to the other two A level subjects?

I got a grade A* in Spanish for my GCSE, so I don't know if that would contribute.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Is it the AS Level and the A2 in one year?

ReputationRep:
    It's doable but hard work

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomj45)
    Is it the AS Level and the A2 in one year?
    Yep, that's what I want to do anyway. I just wanted to know from other people who have done this full A level, if it is doable in a year along with chemistry and biology? But also how many exams there are for AS and A2?

ReputationRep:
    If you do fast-track A-level Spanish, as well as Biology and Chemistry that means you're basically doing six subjects. Would you sign up for six AS-levels in one year?! Of course, if you do find it's too challenging you could just drop A2 spanish before February and only take the AS exams in May/June.

Could depend on the exam board, but generally A-level modern foreign languages are as follows:-
    AS-level: one speaking exam (15 minutes), one exam paper, comprising a reading section, a listening section and a writing section
    A2-level: one speaking exam (15 minutes), one exam paper (composition thereof may be variable between boards)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.