Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Have a question about my current situation.

Well I finished my A-levels last year and gained A* in economics A in business and B statistics (these are the only subjects I took). I only took these because I was 21 at the time and literally had been out of education since I was 16. So I was rusty. What made matters worse was that my GCSE's results are like roman numerals, all X, V's lol joke. But yeah they aint great or good for that matter. From what I remember I have a A in maths, B in science and C in english and ICT.

Anyways, back to the matter in hand. I want to apply for UCL L100 (Econ) and I no the grades that are required A* maths AA plus a pass in AS. Therefore, I intend on sitting A-Level Mathematics during the year and will be able to achieve the required A* and also AS Further Mathematics with an A grade, I mean I have an entire year for it lol.

What my chances of an offer from a uni like UCL?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No one on TSR can tell you that, only this person can..

[email protected]

Also you haven't done maths in 5 years so don't put all your hopes on getting 90%+

ReputationRep:
    I have sent them an email and got a reply which hasn't answered anything lol

It is a risk pinning my hopes on an A* but I'm determined and been practicing, so I am confident that I can get it, just have to work super hard.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.