Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm appearing my IGCSEs in January 2014. I am weak in maths and I hate maths, but I find physics very interesting. If you talk about career, I'm interested in the medical sector as I love Biology, and if I dont get into medical school then I want to be an airline pilot (I'm already a flight simulator pilot lol some real life pilots say that flight simulator is more difficult than real world flying lol)
    I have appeared Maths GCSE in January 2013, and I got a C... Should I keep my C and concentrate on other subjects or should I resit maths? Thanks for helping, I'm really confused as to what I should do :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSSman)
    I'm appearing my IGCSEs in January 2014. I am weak in maths and I hate maths, but I find physics very interesting. If you talk about career, I'm interested in the medical sector as I love Biology, and if I dont get into medical school then I want to be an airline pilot (I'm already a flight simulator pilot lol some real life pilots say that flight simulator is more difficult than real world flying lol)
    I have appeared Maths GCSE in January 2013, and I got a C... Should I keep my C and concentrate on other subjects or should I resit maths? Thanks for helping, I'm really confused as to what I should do :confused:
    In my opinion, I think you should resit Maths, it is important in almost any career to have Maths at GCSE level at least. And if one day you do decide to go down the career of becoming an airline pilot, you will definitely need to have Maths at A-level.

Work on your maths and if you still cannot do it, get a tutor to help. It might be hard work but it's very important to have.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.