Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering because you don't really see tall old people about, they're usually short. And shrinking can't have happened so much that a 6 foot person becomes 5 foot surely?

Most elderly people are short, which begs the question do taller people die off? There's more work in keeping a bigger body mass alive than in a smaller person?

ReputationRep:
    Without doing any research, I would quite confidently say that there isn't much (if any at all) correlation between life span/height.

I know of/have known plenty of elderly people who were tall. Many elderly people suffer from conditions which cause their backs to arch, thus shortening them in height.. but I don't see any correlation if I'm honest.

Interesting though, I might read up on this.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't people just getting taller as time goes on for dietry and health reasons?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.