Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking for some advice urgently. I completed my A Levels a couple of years ago and was predicted A's however due to the wrong timing of other issues my grades suffered so I got a C overall. I decided to retake last year but didn't improve on my grade and I didn't get much extra tuition either.
    I'm basically asking for some advice as to whether it could be possible to retake G542, if I began revising now? I looked at getting some additional help but I don't want to waste the extra fees if it isn't possible and I'm not sure if it's too late.
    All advice is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcake16)
    I'm really looking for some advice urgently. I completed my A Levels a couple of years ago and was predicted A's however due to the wrong timing of other issues my grades suffered so I got a C overall. I decided to retake last year but didn't improve on my grade and I didn't get much extra tuition either.
    I'm basically asking for some advice as to whether it could be possible to retake G542, if I began revising now? I looked at getting some additional help but I don't want to waste the extra fees if it isn't possible and I'm not sure if it's too late.
    All advice is appreciated.
    In all honesty due to it being a few years back you took the course, I think it's not going to really be possible to get the grade you want if you haven't started revising now. I don't even think you could apply for the exam, as you have to give notice and the exam is pretty soon. If I were you, I'd take the resit in January unless for some reason you desperately need/want to take it now. In that case, I would call the exam helpline and ask their opinion and advice on how to go about it. Best of luck, either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriagrace)
    In all honesty due to it being a few years back you took the course, I think it's not going to really be possible to get the grade you want if you haven't started revising now. I don't even think you could apply for the exam, as you have to give notice and the exam is pretty soon. If I were you, I'd take the resit in January unless for some reason you desperately need/want to take it now. In that case, I would call the exam helpline and ask their opinion and advice on how to go about it. Best of luck, either way.
    Thanks for your reply, it has only been a couple of years. I've currently got time off between this week and the middle of June and therefore I felt it could be possible, if I was working I think it would be different. Do you think it still wouldn't be possible? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcake16)
    Thanks for your reply, it has only been a couple of years. I've currently got time off between this week and the middle of June and therefore I felt it could be possible, if I was working I think it would be different. Do you think it still wouldn't be possible? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's fair enough then, you could probably get it done so long as you work a lot on it! But I don't know if you'll be able to enter the exam at this late notice, so check with the board ASAP!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.