Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am really confused as to how on earth you apply for a MAINTENANCE GRANT? On Student Finance England I am on the last stage.
    It shows a table showing what I may be eligible for:
    Type Amount requested Amount you may be entitled to
    Maintenance Loan Maximum £3,575.00
    Tuition Fee Loan Maximum £9,000.00

Above is the table.

Where is the option for Maintenance Grant on this god forsaken form??? MY HOUSEHOLD INCOME IS WELL BELOW £25,000.
    IT EVEN SAYS:
    "You have chosen to provide your household income information."
    This is pathetic and really starting to stress me out.
    Someone. Help. Please.
    Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Sully,

If you're an NHS student you can't apply for a Maintenance Grant as you receive a Bursary from the NHS instead.

If this isn't the case then you are asked if you wish for you application to be based on household income twice in the application.

Firstly on the Student Finance Estimate page there's a link that says 'continue based on household income' and for those who miss it the same link appears again on the page with the Submit Application button. If you've managed to miss both of these links let me know and I can give you download links to some paper forms that will let you change your application.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Sully,

If you're an NHS student you can't apply for a Maintenance Grant as you receive a Bursary from the NHS instead.

If this isn't the case then you are asked if you wish for you application to be based on household income twice in the application.

Firstly on the Student Finance Estimate page there's a link that says 'continue based on household income' and for those who miss it the same link appears again on the page with the Submit Application button. If you've managed to miss both of these links let me know and I can give you download links to some paper forms that will let you change your application.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee
    Is optometry considered as a NHS course ? (I do not think so)
    Question: On the final page was there meant to be an Estimate for how much Maintenance Grant I am eligible for ?
    Yes I have now sent off the application.
    I am sure that I clicked on take into account household income.
    Does this mean I have to do a paper application form to change my situation?
    You guys seriously need to consider sorting out the Student Finance webpage it is seriously out of date and has SO MANY GLITCHES.
    The amount of times I have had to call Student finance to get an answer or sort out a glitch on the web page is unbelievable.
    Thanks for your help
    Sully

ReputationRep:
    Hi again Sully,

No, as far as I'm aware Optometry isn't an NHS funded course though I suggest you check this with the NHS bursary service.

An updated website is in the works. Have your parents been asked to be supply their financial details?

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi again Sully,

No, as far as I'm aware Optometry isn't an NHS funded course though I suggest you check this with the NHS bursary service.

An updated website is in the works. Have your parents been asked to be supply their financial details?

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee
    No optometry isn't...

Thank the Lord for his mercy- the current website is really alarming and It is difficult for me to be able to trust such a site with personal details if it has so many glitches...

Yes- my mother was sent a letter asking her to supply her financial details. My father wasn't but I printed off a form and filled it in anyway.

I have sent off the 'Parent support forms' yesterday 1st class royal mail. So they should be with Student finance before the deadline.

My household income is most definitely below 25k per annum. Does this mean I will acquire the Maintinance Grant? Thank you for replying- I was begging to think I wouldn't get a reply- especially after the phone services are so busy.

ReputationRep:
    Hey again Sully,

Yes sounds as though you should receive the full grant if your household income is under 25k. Don't forget that it will take around 3 weeks for your parents info to be processed and updated. ]

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.